Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Vinyl wrapping bumper plastic?
QRA16

Vinyl wrapping bumper plastic?

Hi All

I'm about to take delivery of a Fuji White Pure Evoque. Unfortunately in Australia, the price difference between a Pure and a Dynamic is in excess of $15k. Whilst the grey bumpers on the Pure irritate me, I could not justify the extra expense.

Have any other forum members vinyl wrapped their plastic bumpers?

I have contacted one place who says it should only be done on painted surfaces, and the white colours will be mis-matched. However, a google search gives me mixed reviews as to whether plastic bumpers can be wrapped and vinyl colours matched.

I would love to hear if someone has wrapped their Evoque's grey bumpers!
(This post was last modified: 16-11-2013 10:41pm by QRA16.)
16-11-2013 10:40pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
broady43

RE: Vinyl wrapping bumper plastic?

I wrapped the bottom panel on my rear bumper.It took a few attempts but all you need to do is give it a good clean,cut it oversize.Press it on and heat it up with a hair dryer( which makes it pliable) then press and stretch it the the form of the panel and trim it around the edge with a craft knife.The only thing I should mention,is buy a decent quality wrap.I used 3m.

5 door Pure sd4 Tech Fuji with black roof, tinted windows, ebony seats, style 4 alloys, xenons, fogs,black grille.
Arrived 29/03/2012.
(This post was last modified: 16-11-2013 10:55pm by broady43.)
16-11-2013 10:52pm
QRA16

Thanks broady43!

Has the wrap lasted well? Is it bubbling or pulling off at all? And how was the colour match to the fuji white using the 3m wrap?
16-11-2013 11:11pm
mklam90

I used to hate the grey bumper parts on my Pure as well, though it starting to grow on me. It makes the car looks taller and makes the shape (lines) of the car looks sharper, if you know what I mean. The only concern now is the single exhaust pipe, I'm wanting to put another pipe on the other side.

TD4 Fuji Pure, pano, contrast roof, tech, clear view, powered tailgate, style 6.
17-11-2013 07:29am
QRA16

Haha the single tail pipe annoys me too! I was going to ask the dealer if adding a second tail pipe would void the warranty. Thanks for your insight on the grey bumpers. I will live with it for a little while before making a decision... Looking at your signature, seems as though we have very similar Evoque's! Smile
17-11-2013 08:23am
broady43

(16-11-2013 11:11pm)QRA16 Wrote:  Thanks broady43!

Has the wrap lasted well? Is it bubbling or pulling off at all? And how was the colour match to the fuji white using the 3m wrap?

It has been on about 6 months and still looks the same.As for the colour match I don't know because I used black.

5 door Pure sd4 Tech Fuji with black roof, tinted windows, ebony seats, style 4 alloys, xenons, fogs,black grille.
Arrived 29/03/2012.
17-11-2013 11:05am
mklam90

(17-11-2013 08:23am)QRA16 Wrote:  Haha the single tail pipe annoys me too! I was going to ask the dealer if adding a second tail pipe would void the warranty. Thanks for your insight on the grey bumpers. I will live with it for a little while before making a decision... Looking at your signature, seems as though we have very similar Evoque's! Smile

Yea, it would essentially void the warranty, but I'm willing to do so. Might ask around for quotes and go ahead with it soon. So far I did a few minor mods:
-Wheels painted to gloss black
-Black Dynamic front grille
-Plastidipped side vents and front & back lettering to black

Exhaust is next, then maybe carbon fibre mirrors

TD4 Fuji Pure, pano, contrast roof, tech, clear view, powered tailgate, style 6.
17-11-2013 01:55pm