Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Vehicle discounting
jrinns

RE: Vehicle discounting

Slightly misleading sorry, i got my car from chain a, a person went into dealer b and said chain a were giving 5% discounts can you match, dealer b said no and said person ended up at a jag dealer whom are part of chain a, my dad knows the sales guy who i spoke to yesterday whilst dad was mulling over a 5.0 xkr, on a side not the engine sounded fab!

Not sure i believe the tale tho?
22-01-2012 07:58pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
johnboy

(22-01-2012 01:25pm)Daglass Wrote:  A) what increased production?
B)what reduced delivery times?

Not many of us are seeing much evidence of either

+1

On order, delivery May 2012 Fuji White SD4 Man, Tech Pack, Privacy Glass, Pano roof, Fogs, Lux Mats, power tailgate, puddle lamps, Auto dimming rear view mirror, 19" Style 4: Mud flaps: Xenons, rear camera: Dog Guard by Travall: Boot Liner. Delivered 29/05/12
22-01-2012 09:04pm
Lookers Park Royal

(22-01-2012 07:58pm)jrinns Wrote:  Slightly misleading sorry, i got my car from chain a, a person went into dealer b and said chain a were giving 5% discounts can you match, dealer b said no and said person ended up at a jag dealer whom are part of chain a, my dad knows the sales guy who i spoke to yesterday whilst dad was mulling over a 5.0 xkr, on a side not the engine sounded fab!

Not sure i believe the tale tho?

Ah-ha, I see now! Wink

Regarding the Jaguar...... we're a dual brand dealership, therefore if your Dad needs any help with the XKR then let me know Wink

James Smile
22-01-2012 09:30pm
enigma

(22-01-2012 09:04pm)johnboy Wrote:  +1

Two dealers have advised that original delivery times were lengthy. Both confirmed production shedules have recently been increased to reduce waiting times.
22-01-2012 10:40pm
Daglass

I'll believe it when my car arrives in February like I was told when I ordered and have heard sweet FA since

Pure 5 Door, SD4, Orkney Grey, Pano Roof, Style 6 Alloys, Front Sensors, Rear Camera, Fogs, Tailgate
Ordered - October 15 2011
Built - March 30 2012
Delivery - April 18 2012
Sold - December 24 2014
22-01-2012 10:50pm
DT

I believe that prices will begin to tumble quite quickly in about 6 months once all the speculators and the initial
enthusiasts like us are out of the market. I can also give you insight into depreciation. Purchased September Dynamic coupe£43800. Trade in against same spec hatchback £40000(March del) Car will have less than 2,000 miles on it.
I am doing this now as I believe that the cost to change can only increase.
22-01-2012 11:03pm
olde

I bought my car for $72k Canadian dollars (of course, including tax and floor mats). However, there was a young businessman in the dealership when I went to pick the car up, who offered to buy my car for more than I was paying for it.

That was 4 months ago. The supply situation is now worse, from what I am reading. So, you may want to consider another car, one that you will not have to wait so many months for. Then, in a few years, when there are used Evoques available, you could sell whatever you bought and buy a used Evoque.

Just a thought.... Sad

Whistle Our Petition to Improve the Evoque sent to Range Rover CEO, get your copy ---> HERE <---
23-01-2012 04:06am
mark_n

Yes, two lines of thought: 1 - demand is slackening now that the initial surge is over; 2 - demand is increasing as people see them on the street and say "want one".

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
23-01-2012 08:08am