Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Update on notorious rear buzzing
maxw523

Update on notorious rear buzzing

Hello all,
I have been suffering from the notorious rear buzzing, which begins at only certain rpm. I searched the forum which suggested it was originating from the transmission tunnel.
Well, after a long search, I discovered it emanates from the rear seat belt housing. I camped in the rear while a friend drove the beast around, and between being hurled about like a sack of potatoes, finally localized it. The sat precariously and wobbled, creating the annoying reverberation at particular rpm. Securing it and insulating it ended the noise...hopefully not to allow the emergence of others, but the car is very quiet now. Not to mention that I also insulated it with Dynamat, which helped immensely.
So I suggest you guys also examine this as an easily remediable solution to the notorious rear buzz at set rpm.
Good luck!
15-09-2014 01:53pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
m_101

RE: Update on notorious rear buzzing

Think I have a similar problem. Could you maybe post a photo of the bit that was rattling please?
Thanks!

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
15-09-2014 02:30pm
maxw523

It's all reassembled now and the tech forgot to take a photo, but I'll post a shot of the site.

The good news is that the tech says it takes about 5 minutes to get into it.
15-09-2014 02:33pm
maxw523

(15-09-2014 02:33pm)maxw523 Wrote:  It's all reassembled now and the tech forgot to take a photo, but I'll post a shot of the site.

The good news is that the tech says it takes about 5 minutes to get into it.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

26-09-2014 03:47pm
m_101

I definitely do have a buzzing in this area. Mind if I ask how you got into it?
Don't want to just go pulling at bits of the car!

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
26-09-2014 10:33pm
B_o_b_o

Mine is beginning to do my head in. At a certain speed, say between 25-35mph, the passenger door 'buzzes' constantly. I can even cause it to do stationary on the driveway just by revving the engine a bit.

Then, coming from the rear, there is something which rattles when I drive over the slightest of uneven surfaces.

I'm not buying one again Land Rover!!!
27-09-2014 11:14am
mstraka

Re: Coming from the rear, there is something which rattles when I drive over the slightest of uneven surfaces.

I got rid of ALL rattles from the rear by – 1) Make certain tire jack is correctly fitted, 2) Use white lithium grease on hatch latch, 3) Pad spare tire from surrounding styrofoam.
28-09-2014 04:02pm
B_o_b_o

(28-09-2014 04:02pm)mstraka Wrote:  Re: Coming from the rear, there is something which rattles when I drive over the slightest of uneven surfaces.

I got rid of ALL rattles from the rear by – 1) Make certain tire jack is correctly fitted, 2) Use white lithium grease on hatch latch, 3) Pad spare tire from surrounding styrofoam.

Thanks - I'll give that a try!
29-09-2014 09:32am