Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Unlock double beep
ABL17

Unlock double beep

Hi, my 1 year old Evoque was recently in for it's 1st service. Since I got it back it now makes a double beep when the doors are unlocked, either using the key or keyless entry. It's a different tone of double beed from the single it made, and still makes when it's double locked. I called the dealer and am waiting for them to call back, unfortunately the dealer is over 100 miles away so not so easy to just pop in. I tried turning off the audible lock setting but that only stops the single double lock beep. Any ideas? Thanks!
30-10-2014 11:38pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RacingSnake

RE: Unlock double beep

Check that your bonnet is shut properly.

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
30-10-2014 11:48pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ABL17

Thanks for your reply. I checked the bonnet and it is closed properly but still doing it. The beeps appear to be coming from the passenger side door area.
31-10-2014 06:33am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Do you have the powered tailgate? Very occassionally when I have a lot of stuff in the boot it comes down , looks closed but isn't fully down. The dash screen also shows that the boot is not closed though. This also happened on day one of ownership of my last Evoque and I found that despite having packed the boot carefully there appears to be a sensor that detects if the parcel shelf has been prevented from sitting flat when the tailgate comes down. It happened to me again this week with a full boot. A quick squash down of the bags in the boot and hey presto the boot came down a nd fully latched.
2 beeps is a mislock signal, I wonder if it is also a warning that your key fobs have been cloned/ reprogrammed in light of Watchdog last night.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 31-10-2014 07:44am by XFullFatTim.)
31-10-2014 07:43am
Karljolly

Unlock double beep

I had the exact same problem and it turned out to be a faulty internal alarm sensor.

It drove me mad until they figured it out!
31-10-2014 07:45am
Donny Dog

(31-10-2014 07:43am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Do you have the powered tailgate? Very occassionally when I have a lot of stuff in the boot it comes down , looks closed but isn't fully down. The dash screen also shows that the boot is not closed though. This also happened on day one of ownership of my last Evoque and I found that despite having packed the boot carefully there appears to be a sensor that detects if the parcel shelf has been prevented from sitting flat when the tailgate comes down. It happened to me again this week with a full boot. A quick squash down of the bags in the boot and hey presto the boot came down a nd fully latched.
2 beeps is a mislock signal, I wonder if it is also a warning that your key fobs have been cloned/ reprogrammed in light of Watchdog last night.

If my boot detects anything it thinks will obstruct full closing, it opens again.
31-10-2014 09:26am
Johnknight

Unlock double beep

Mine does one beep for single lock and 2 beeps for double lock.

Dynamic Lux in Firenze red. MY15 model
13-11-2014 07:38pm
ABL17

Finally got this resolved! and thanks to those who replied. It ended up being a damaged motion sensor in the cabin. Wh it was in for the service the panel was removed as it was rattling, the sensor must have got damaged refitting. Glad it now ok, it was doing my head!
06-12-2014 03:57pm