USB ?
DynamicRRV

RE: USB ?

Great,thanks for all the replies.
02-11-2011 12:29am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
andyuk

Whilst on the USB post can anyone confirm what's the largest USB as in GB are people using?

The reason I ask is on my wife's BMW 118 it will only recognise USB drives that are 8gb or under. I put a 32gb one in & it just said USB not found I then found it it can only accept up to 8gb!

Is the Evoque the same?

Dynamic SD4 Manual Red with Black contrast & Panaramic Roof, Vortex Interior, 20" Alloys, Privacy Glass, Black Headlining
02-11-2011 01:11am
rsk21

^^^

We are using a 32GB stick with no problems at all
02-11-2011 10:08am
andyuk

Great!

Dynamic SD4 Manual Red with Black contrast & Panaramic Roof, Vortex Interior, 20" Alloys, Privacy Glass, Black Headlining
02-11-2011 04:47pm
bell-auto-services

Ive just used my 32gig today with so no problems.

Pete

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
02-11-2011 08:49pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JD09UK

(02-11-2011 01:11am)andyuk Wrote:  Whilst on the USB post can anyone confirm what's the largest USB as in GB are people using?

The reason I ask is on my wife's BMW 118 it will only recognise USB drives that are 8gb or under. I put a 32gb one in & it just said USB not found I then found it it can only accept up to 8gb!

Is the Evoque the same?

Hi Andyuk

I find that very weird that you can only use a 8gb in your 1 series. I have a 1 series 123D and i use a 64gb as i love music and i like to change when i'm on long journeys. What type of USB are or should i say who made your USB. My one is from Freecom which is a good make. I'm hoping my 64gb or my 1TB hard drive will work in my Evoque when i get it next week. I found out that you can what movies in the vehicle but they got to be format to AVI or Dixv. You wont be able to transfer music and movies from itunes on to your USB. Apple won't let you do that but if you go in to itunes file on your computer and go into music you should be able to find all the tracks and music on your itune in the music folder on your PC. I hope this helps you. If i get my Evoque next week i will update you on what you can and can't do. Because i would like to know and find out work dose work.

Kind Regards

JD09UK
06-12-2011 04:06pm
andyuk

(06-12-2011 04:06pm)JD09UK Wrote:  Hi Andyuk

I find that very weird that you can only use a 8gb in your 1 series. I have a 1 series 123D and i use a 64gb as i love music and i like to change when i'm on long journeys. What type of USB are or should i say who made your USB. My one is from Freecom which is a good make. I'm hoping my 64gb or my 1TB hard drive will work in my Evoque when i get it next week. I found out that you can what movies in the vehicle but they got to be format to AVI or Dixv. You wont be able to transfer music and movies from itunes on to your USB. Apple won't let you do that but if you go in to itunes file on your computer and go into music you should be able to find all the tracks and music on your itune in the music folder on your PC. I hope this helps you. If i get my Evoque next week i will update you on what you can and can't do. Because i would like to know and find out work dose work.

Kind Regards

JD09UK

Strange yours works?

Yes I understand about making the files into mp3 etc & I had 2 USB drives one was a 4gb & the other a 32gb both with the same files on & the 4gb played no problem but the 32gb was not working then after a bit of online research I found that the BMW struggles to read USB over 8gb but maybe it's more to do with the make of the USB?

I am taking delivery of my Evoque in 1 months time so can people post what make of 32gb USB people are using so I can buy one in advance & load it up!

On another issue anyone using spotify? I am tempted to pay the £10 per month but wanted to know people opinions on how good it is & how quickly you can download an album etc & of course is it compatible through iPad/iPhone to he Evoque stereo?

06-12-2011 10:43pm
cjfp

16gb - gizzmoheaven.com £12.99

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
08-12-2011 05:38pm
JiiPee

I am using an old iPod classic that has used up battery that barely plays for 10 minutes fully charged. It is permanently hooked with a cable to the usb slot. Everytime I power up the car the iPod is dead for few minutes before the car charges it enough to start playing.

Conclusion, the usb slots are not live when the engine is off.

Enjoying enormously: Pure Td4 Automatic, Firenze Red, almond/espresso interior, panorama roof with rails, Pure tech pack, clearview pack & cold weather pack, parking radars front and back + camera.
08-12-2011 11:01pm
PhilSkill

I've just done a test using a USB powered LED light, so I could see power from the outside of the vehicle. It powers down about 1 minute after the vehicle is locked. Good job I waited as almost gave up thinking it wasn't going to power down. It powers up 5 secs after the car is unlocked.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
09-12-2011 08:58am