Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tyre pressure Monitoring system
fam1x

Tyre pressure Monitoring system

Is it worth added as an option ? I'm thinking of upgrading wheels to 19in style 5 which mean you can also have TPMS, just wondering is it worth having for £405.

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
22-11-2011 11:50am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
griff

RE: Tyre pressure Monitoring system

Try this thread. TPMS

I don't think they are worth it myself as they don't give pressures just a warning (which may be too late). Had them on my last BMW and they went off twice - both false alarms which was annoying on the M40.
Cheers Wink

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
(This post was last modified: 22-11-2011 12:05pm by griff.)
22-11-2011 12:01pm
ytshome

EU are making TPMS mandatory for 2014, so you should get it for free if you order next week and deliveries keep being put back as they are at the moment.

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
22-11-2011 03:28pm
Straydox

Does anyone know how the TPMS monitoring system works?

There are two approaches:

1) A physical sensor in the tyre valve

2) A software calculation from the ABS brake sensor

The 2nd approach is much cheaper and in some cars is just a software 'switch' i.e. some Audi cars are like this.
22-11-2011 05:06pm
mark_n

(22-11-2011 05:06pm)Straydox Wrote:  Does anyone know how the TPMS monitoring system works?

There are two approaches:

1) A physical sensor in the tyre valve

2) A software calculation from the ABS brake sensor

The 2nd approach is much cheaper and in some cars is just a software 'switch' i.e. some Audi cars are like this.

Yes, I described how it works in the thread linked to above which is in the technical section. Bottom line is the LR system is poor value for money for the level of function offered and I pulled it from my order for that reason. For the same money, Mercedes and Porsche provide a real time display of the pressures in each wheel where the limp LR system just warns you when you have a flat by which time it may be too late to do something to get you home.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 22-11-2011 08:12pm by mark_n.)
22-11-2011 08:08pm
Claud

I added it to my order when I was warned of a flat tyre on my FFRR last month. ATS pulled a 2 1/2" screw from the rear tyre.

It is pain though when it throws a fault, so it was till a bit of a dilemma for me to add it. I had two or three visits back to the dealer to fix the TPMS on the FFRR when I first got it. I am hoping it will be reliable on the Evoque.

[Image: 118733.png]
2013 Discovery HSE Luxury Corris Grey
Sold - 2011 Evoque SD4 Prestige, Auto, Magnaride, Orkney Grey, Lux Pack, TPMS, Heated Steering Wheel
2010 Freelander SD4
1997 Defender 90 XD Wolf (ex Ghurkas)
1991 Defender County 110 V8
1959 Series II
1953 Series I
1952 Minerva Ambulance
22-11-2011 10:28pm
Evoqess

Came standard on my car. Today my local LR dealership said they can't a ensure that the TPMS will be 100 relaible/operational on aftermarket alloys - the service advisor therefore recommended I do without the extra cost and just install standard valves on my new winter setup. So it looks like the TPMS has limited use also!

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
23-11-2011 02:20am