Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tracker & Insurance!
caroline11000

Tracker & Insurance!

Bought my insurance online through a comparison site only to find that when the documents came through today that they insist on a traker being fitted or they will not cover me for theft or attempted theft! Nowhere on the site did I see that this was a requirement when I did the quote, I even ticked the box to say the vehicle has no tracker. So now I am stuck! I can cancel the insurance and just lose the days that I have been covered and get a refund or I look elsewhere which is where the problem begins.......... went back on web and looked at some others which again don't say online that you need a tracker fitted and decided to call them to confirm and they also require a traker fitted. My LR dealers can arrange for a traker to be fitted by an outside company (road radio) for £420 inc vat + a monitoring fee of £174 pa or £399 for 3 years.
I didn't really want the extra expense so what do I do.......... bite the bullet and get one fitted or look for an insurane company that doesn't require it if I can find one? Has anyone else had the same problem Banging Head

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
12-12-2011 03:15pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CrawfsEvoque

RE: Tracker & Insurance!

Landrover Insurance do not require a Tracker system to be fitted.

Pure SD4 Auto, Fuji White, Almond / Espresso, Pure Style Pack, Tech Pack, Auto Dim Mirror, Park Assist, Carpet Mats, Zenons, Spare Wheel, Mudflaps, Rigid Boot Liner and Rubber Mats.
12-12-2011 03:41pm
griff

I think that Aviva does not require a tracker. You should also have a 30 day cancellation window.

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
12-12-2011 03:42pm
EVO PUNDITT

I insured with Churchill last week and they never asked for tracker

Pure: SD4,Manual,pan roof,electric tail gate,reversing cam,tints,xenons (finally), 19" style 4 and in orkney grey 5 door,ebony headliner,f/s/mirrors,Nov build and Dec arrived
12-12-2011 03:57pm
LDT

Hi Caroline

I nearly got caught out with this.

I posted a thread to ask if anyone would be aware why the quotes received costed more with a fitted tracker than without. After reading your post I called the insurers, to be told that if I opted for the the cheaper quote, theft would not have been covered. When I complained that this was not made clear, I was told that if I had actually bought the insurance, this clause would have been clearly stated on the insurance website before I purchased. This is clearly not the case, given your experience. She did not seem to believe that reference to this had not been made on the comparison website.

Very misleading/confusing. I hope you get it all sorted soon.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
12-12-2011 04:15pm
peet

Hi Caroline. I dont have my Evoque yet but I did talk to my insurers LV and received a quote from them which was extremely competitive. I asked if a tracker was required and was told catagorically that it was not. Might be worth giving them a go.

Mauritius Blue 5 door Prestige +LUX. Manual SD4. Ambiance interior - Spare
Took Delivery: 23/03/12
Bike: Honda ST1300 Pan European
12-12-2011 04:26pm
paulus599

I'm hoping I haven't fell for that one. I've also bought through a comparison site but the documents haven't arrived yet (picking up car tomorrow), I'm hoping therefore that they don't have the same type of clause in there otherwise I'll have to cancel and start the process again (will be covered by LR temporary insurance in the meantime).
Which insurance company was it Caroline?

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
12-12-2011 04:30pm
gw76

Completely unnecessary. Cancel and change to another if they insist. Im with kwik fit
12-12-2011 04:43pm
griff

I got a quote from LV and when I went to put it on risk I was told I needed a tracker - Caveat Emptor

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
12-12-2011 05:13pm
fam1x

I spoke with elephant no mention of a tracker, and they offer multiple car cover which worked out a lot cheaper than just insurance the Evoque on it's own Smile

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
12-12-2011 06:12pm