Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tracker ?
KPNuts

RE: Tracker ?

If anyone is thinking of getting a tracker system, you might want to take a look at the Skytag system. Initial purchase price of £250 + annual subscription of £80. This is a GPS and GPRS based system, which has seen vehicles recovered within 11 minutes of being stolen. Skytag liaise directly with the police. We have this system on our vehicles, and are very pleased with their service.

Skytag are sponsoring us on the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge in 2012 which we are doing in one of our Defenders, we don't want to scratch the Evoque! As part of the sponsorship you can buy a Skytag unit with a 50% discount using the discount code Mac4x4 (so £125). Every unit sold will also generate a £15 donation to Macmillan from Skytag.

If you do buy a Skytag unit using this discount, please PM me so I can keep track of how much money is due to Macmillan.

I do not work for Skytag, I was just a happy customer who approached them for sponsorship for a very good cause.

SD4 Coupe Prestige, Orkney Grey, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel, Dipping RVM
Ordered: 12/09/11 Collected 22/12/11
Supporting Macmillan Cancer Support in Mac 4x4 Challenge
30-01-2012 10:53am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pommyboi

(30-01-2012 10:53am)KPNuts Wrote:  Skytag are sponsoring us on the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge in 2012 which we are doing in one of our Defenders, we don't want to scratch the Evoque! As part of the sponsorship you can buy a Skytag unit with a 50% discount using the discount code Mac4x4 (so £125). Every unit sold will also generate a £15 donation to Macmillan from Skytag.

If you do buy a Skytag unit using this discount, please PM me so I can keep track of how much money is due to Macmillan.

Thanks for the information, it does look a reasonable price particularly as there seems to be little or no discount from an insurance company as an incentive to use a tracker. I looked into this last week and decided it wasn't worth the money unless the insurance company insisted on using one (which they didn't). Best of luck with the challenge it looks like good fun.

If I get one I'll let you know.

On order: Feb 2012 - Pure, 5 door, SD4 auto, Style 4 wheels, Front parking, fog lights, rear camera, spare wheel. Red Contrast roof, Ebony- final spec TBC
30-01-2012 12:15pm
woodhouse

I have the self contained Back2you covert tracker http://back2you.com/store/product_info.c...duct_id=75 it just has a PAYG sim card in it and needs no wiring as the internal batteries last 2 months (I have just connected it up to the 12v socket to save me charging it) It fits perfectly in the space behind the little flap on the left of the boot, the magnetic back clamps on well to the steel so it literally took 2 nins to fit it and I can swap it between cars if I need to track the wife! It cost me £195 and that it is, no installation costs and no subscription you can track on your phone for the cost of a txt message. Well chuffed with it.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 30-01-2012 01:28pm by woodhouse.)
30-01-2012 01:24pm
Firenze

(30-01-2012 01:24pm)woodhouse Wrote:  I have the self contained Back2you covert tracker http://back2you.com/store/product_info.c...duct_id=75 it just has a PAYG sim card in it and needs no wiring as the internal batteries last 2 months (I have just connected it up to the 12v socket to save me charging it) It fits perfectly in the space behind the little flap on the left of the boot, the magnetic back clamps on well to the steel so it literally took 2 nins to fit it and I can swap it between cars if I need to track the wife! It cost me £195 and that it is, no installation costs and no subscription you can track on your phone for the cost of a txt message. Well chuffed with it.

Nice I did think of one of these too, I presume you could cut the plug off and wire it from behind the socket so no one would know it was there, the thing I thought was would the police be interested in tracking it as you wouldn't want to follow the car yourself if stolen? At least with the other trackers they are setup to track and retrieve the car.

Firenze Dynamic Si4, Pano roof, Verve, Ebony headliner, Black Strata, Privacy glass, Lux Pack - Enjoying since 7/3/12
30-01-2012 01:34pm
woodhouse

Hi yes I keep meaning to cut off the plug, as it is next to the fuses it should not be too taxing to find a 12v supply. It is for my own peace of mind realy, it come in very handy when you get back from holiday and cant remember where you parked in the long stay! I am sure if it did get stolen and you could tell the police exactly where it was they would be under a moral obligation to go and get it!

(30-01-2012 01:34pm)Firenze Wrote:  Nice I did think of one of these too, I presume you could cut the plug off and wire it from behind the socket so no one would know it was there, the thing I thought was would the police be interested in tracking it as you wouldn't want to follow the car yourself if stolen? At least with the other trackers they are setup to track and retrieve the car.
30-01-2012 05:35pm