Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4 Average
Town & County Land Rover Aberdeen
stitcher

Town & County Land Rover Aberdeen

I walked into this dealership with my wife and 2 children and enquired about seeing an Evoque . The reason I asked was because they had 5 sitting round the back and a salesman was already showing a couple one they had . Now I must stress that this was 2 days before the official launch but as I was going back offshore to the oil rigs the following day I wanted to see the external dimensions of the car and was keen to place an order . Spoke to a very nice receptionist who spoke to a salesman , he gave me a look up and down , didn't even acknowledge me and walked away . The receptionist was left to tell me that nobody was permitted to see the cars before launch , even though a couple were already being shown one , I asked .
I fully understand the hype regarding the launch but the way the salesman handled the situation was completely disrespectful , it was a Sunday and the showroom was empty . I have since emailed the dealer principal regarding the issue and he was very apologetic but he he still maintains that nobody saw the cars pre launch even after I told he I saw 2 people with my own eyes being shown round one .
I for one won't be back to Town and County , Range Rover is a premium product and they should treat prospective customers with a bit more respect , even if I did pull up outside in an Audi !!
26-09-2011 05:34pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Town & County Land Rover Aberdeen

That's a shame to hear because T&C had been getting better reports on the other forums over the last 18 months since there was a change of senior management, but it sounds like they are slipping back to their old form. You've a hike in either direction to the next nearest dealership too - take a look at the same Dealer Feedback sections on the RRsport/Freel2/Disco3/FullFatRR and Defender2 forums as there are reports on those for the Inverness/ Elgin dealership.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
26-09-2011 05:53pm
Spiderman

My experience mirrored yours a good few years back, having already bought a LR1 for my wife and RR from myself from them, I was interested in a RRS and on advising them I would be calling round for best deal I was advised not to have a test drive in their Demo if I wasn't going to buy from them, I was appalled at the salesmans attitude and felt it lacked any kind of customer service, so I emailed the Dealer Principal stating that as a Business Owner of a sizeable Co based in Aberdeen I was perturbed and appaulled by the lack of local service, you were lucky as I never received any reply, needless to say they have not had my business since.

I'd advise anyone in the NE looking to purchase or test drive any LR or RR product to contact Stratstone Perth on 01738 474 200 and not to put up with any discourteous or substandard service from T&C as that's what I did in 2006 and Perth have looked after me exceptionally well since. In the unlikely event you do experience any problems I'm certain their Dealer Principal, Mike Pugh would be very keen to rectify & his mobile number is 07792 031 428.

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
26-09-2011 05:56pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

There is another dealership in Inverness - Macrae and Dick

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
26-09-2011 06:55pm
tetstb

Stratstone in Perth are just as bad, a whole attitude of snobery. I wanted to buy a FL2 sport edition a couple of months back and I'm still waiting on them calling to arrange a test drive as the salesman was busy that day, and the next day, and the next day, and the next day.....

Shame I went to Startstone in Cupar and ordered a shiny new RRE instead.

Cheers

Bob

SD4 Auto Dynamic OG , Verve, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Shadow, 825w audio, Park Assist, Privacy Glass.

[Image: 123130.png]
(This post was last modified: 27-09-2011 11:55am by tetstb.)
27-09-2011 11:54am
Spiderman

(27-09-2011 11:54am)tetstb Wrote:  Stratstone in Perth are just as bad, a whole attitude of snobery. I wanted to buy a FL2 sport edition a couple of months back and I'm still waiting on them calling to arrange a test drive as the salesman was busy that day, and the next day, and the next day, and the next day.....

Shame I went to Startstone in Cupar and ordered a shiny new RRE instead.

As a client of several years at Perth & one who has referred many friends & fellow business owners there, I am disappointed to hear of your personal experience as I have always found all of their personnel to be of a very high calibre and I am absolutely certain that Mike Pugh, Dealer Principal, would have been very disappointed too & had you contacted him I know he would have remedied the situation & ensured you received the focussed attention you deserved!

27-09-2011 12:27pm
ytshome

I'd advise anyone in the NE looking to purchase or test drive any LR or RR product to contact Stratstone Perth on 01738 474 200 and not to put up with any discourteous or substandard service from T&C as that's what I did in 2006 and Perth have looked after me exceptionally well since. In the unlikely event you do experience any problems I'm certain their Dealer Principal, Mike Pugh would be very keen to rectify & his mobile number is 07792 031 428.
[/quote]

Hi spiderman, please don't take this the wrong way because I've seen that you have lots of really good things to offer the site but it just seems like you are a walking advert for Stratstone Perth. Every opportunity that you get you recite just how good they were with you and even go onto offer introductions and telephone numbers. I'm sure they've been great with you but we've also heard other members who speak about them in less glowing terms. I hope that you don't take offence but I just wanted to give honest feedback. Regards YT

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
27-09-2011 12:28pm
Spiderman

Whilst I understand what you are saying and can see the thought behind your comment I must advise that as an operator of 30 International companies I never accept anything but excellent service and I have always found Stratstone Perth to be of the highest calibre, not just with me, but the same is true for the many personal friends and business owners I have referred there.

But here is the salient point in any of your perceived 'advertising' of them....many here, you included, have had a very poor experience from your dealer experience and some are sitting on the fence not knowing where to place their business or who could help them & that's a great shame as these cars are not cheap, therefore as opposed to complaining about shoddy service after the fact, I am providing those with a personal recommendation based on years of flawless business transactions to try and assist them to also receive a quality of service and an excellent buying experience?

By the way, no offence taken.

(This post was last modified: 27-09-2011 02:27pm by Spiderman.)
27-09-2011 12:42pm
ytshome

By the way, no offence taken.
[/quote]

I appreciate that Spiderman. It may be worth considering at least that as the owner of thirty International companies you may actually be receiving a service reserved for VIPs. I respect what you have told us regarding the service that you've received but it doesn't appear to be universal with this dealer and I just thought it fairer if any potential new clients were told the good and the bad. Thanks for your understanding YT

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
27-09-2011 12:52pm
Spiderman

Wholeheartedly agree with your thought process yet again, however, whether I receive any perceived VIP treatment or not everyone now has Mike Pugh's contact details, so any prospective client can now also speak with the Dealer Principal of Stratstone's Perth directly, whether they have an issue or simply want help. Smile

Also, others I have spoken with confirm they've also received same treatment & focussed service.

BTW, I am not from their immediate area & as most of my business interests are down south or abroad it is unlikely they knew me as anything other than a good client....that is until now if they read this thread!!!

(This post was last modified: 27-09-2011 01:27pm by Spiderman.)
27-09-2011 01:10pm