Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Topix Subscription Problem
goldenboi79

Topix Subscription Problem

Hey All!

I just got a Service Action Notice (Q237) for my MY13 Evoque here in Canada. It appears to be an engine control module reflash. I thought I would be smart and log in to Topix to see if there were any other service notifications that I wanted addressed while it was in (I noticed a DVD/SDD update) anyway. Foolish me thought it would be simple to input my credit card and activate a 1 day subscription to download the materials. Unfortunately, no matter what I do, I can't get it to accept my Visa credit card numbers. It keeps stating that it is an invalid number (I have tried multiple cards). Has anyone else experience this, or know of a work around? I am wondering if this is because they are Canadian credit cards I am try... though I have never experienced a problem before.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

2013 Range Rover Evoque Si4 Prestige: 5 Door, Santorini Black, Tan Interior, Cold Weather Package, Park Assist, 20" Style 6 Wheels.

Build date: 21 August 2012
Vancouver, BC, Canada
01-01-2013 01:20am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
slee18

RE: Topix Subscription Problem

It might be that your credit card has flagged that as a "unsafe" site. You need to call credit card company and let them know that the charge should be authorize. I had the same problem

They tagged it unsafe because its from a website that's foreign

12 Evoque Si4 (US) Galway Green Prestige ivory expresso interior
01-01-2013 01:30am
goldenboi79

Hmmm, I tried it with 3 different cards from different banks so not sure if they all have it flagged as unsafe. Seems odd that it would reject the credit card number if this were the case. You would think it would decline the transaction instead. I will give it a try though!

Cheers!

UPDATE: Boo! Just called 2 of the banks and they said that Topix hadn't even tried to authorize a transaction. It is something on their end rejection my card numbers without even trying to put them through. Strange. They are just standard 16 digit visa numbers.

(01-01-2013 01:30am)slee18 Wrote:  It might be that your credit card has flagged that as a "unsafe" site. You need to call credit card company and let them know that the charge should be authorize. I had the same problem

They tagged it unsafe because its from a website that's foreign

2013 Range Rover Evoque Si4 Prestige: 5 Door, Santorini Black, Tan Interior, Cold Weather Package, Park Assist, 20" Style 6 Wheels.

Vancouver, BC, Canada
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2013 01:49am by goldenboi79.)
01-01-2013 01:39am
Radeco

It is not just you - I have the same problem Card Number is incorrect I needed some information to help trace a fault on my other car (http://www.g4ownersclub.com/) I even tried 3 credit cards and 2 debit cards - NO Luck.

G4 Freelander 2005 V6 HSE Stage 1 Thailand/Laos. HQ Support
Gone - Grey Freelander 2 2011 SD4 XS Works Van !
Still missing my Evo.
01-01-2013 09:47am
goldenboi79

At least I am not going crazy!

I have a support ticket in with Topix, so I will let you know if I get anything resolved.

Vancouver, BC, Canada
02-01-2013 05:28am
goldenboi79

Right - Sorted! But not through anything I did.

I visited TOPIx again to day to give it one more try. This time when I went to purchase the subscription and it redirected me to the HSBC payment gateway, it was an entirely different page than previously. I entered my information, and sure enough it processed it correctly and worked this time.

They must have been having problems with their system and updated the payment gateway within the last few days.

Hurray! I am going to download all the Evoque relevant materials an make them available if anyone needs them.

CHeers!

(02-01-2013 05:28am)goldenboi79 Wrote:  At least I am not going crazy!

I have a support ticket in with Topix, so I will let you know if I get anything resolved.

Vancouver, BC, Canada
04-01-2013 10:26pm