Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Topix - SSM64197 Panoramic glass roof cracked
cjfp

Topix - SSM64197 Panoramic glass roof cracked

Can anyone provide details of this new release on Topix

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
20-04-2013 08:36pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

RE: Topix - SSM64197 Panoramic glass roof cracked

that is interesting - anyone with Topix access able to look it up please?
22-04-2013 11:57am
duckworthparts
Site Sponsor

Issue: We have seen warranty claims for Panoramic glass roof panels beig changed due to them being cracked
Cause: The root cause is under invetigatiion and answering the following questions would greatly help our Engineering team
[/align]

http://www.duckworthparts.co.uk
http://www.duckworthlandrover.co.uk - Vehicle Sales
My Direct Line: 01673 849873
Email: danroberts@duckworthlandrover.co.uk

You can make a paypal directly to the email above

[Image: hwc8.jpg]
22-04-2013 01:53pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Trapdoor

The cynic in me reads this as:

Issue: We have seen warranty claims for Panoramic glass roof panels beig changed due to them being cracked and this is costing us a fair old packet. We should have made sure the roofs were fitted properly at the factory, but as we went to 24hr production, trainees have been carrying out this task.
Cause: The root cause is under invetigatiion and answering the following questions would greatly help our Engineering team come up with an excuse we can use why we won't replace the panels under warranty. Whilst we understand that the Panoramic Roof is one of the premier selling points of the vehicle, we consider it to be a consumable item, and as such do not want to have to cough up under warranty unless we absolutely have to

Laughing - perhaps...... or perhaps too close to the truth?

Sorry, been with the BMW brand for too long now.

Had: 2013 Prestige Auto Lux
Have: MY17 Autobiography in Waitomo Grey with Ivory/Espresso interior, HUD, Adaptive Cruise, Adaptive Dynamics, Dynamic Driveline, Wading, Massage Seats. Delivered 17/09/16
(This post was last modified: 22-04-2013 03:35pm by Trapdoor.)
22-04-2013 03:34pm
stevehill

(22-04-2013 03:34pm)Trapdoor

IT WILL BE PART OF THE CHARACTARISTICS OF THE VEHICLE LOL
The cynic in me reads this as:

Issue: We have seen warranty claims for Panoramic glass roof panels beig changed due to them being cracked [color=#FF0000' Wrote:  
and this is costing us a fair old packet. We should have made sure the roofs were fitted properly at the factory, but as we went to 24hr production, trainees have been carrying out this task.[/color]
Cause: The root cause is under invetigatiion and answering the following questions would greatly help our Engineering team come up with an excuse we can use why we won't replace the panels under warranty. Whilst we understand that the Panoramic Roof is one of the premier selling points of the vehicle, we consider it to be a consumable item, and as such do not want to have to cough up under warranty unless we absolutely have to

22-04-2013 03:55pm
WB
WB

(22-04-2013 03:34pm)Trapdoor Wrote:  The cynic in me reads this as:

Issue: We have seen warranty claims for Panoramic glass roof panels beig changed due to them being cracked and this is costing us a fair old packet. We should have made sure the roofs were fitted properly at the factory, but as we went to 24hr production, trainees have been carrying out this task.

I would completely agree if this was BMW, however, LR have a generous approach to customer service and warranty claims. Unfortunately I think this comes out of necessity due to poor quality control and factory standards however when (and they do) things go wrong they seem to rectify under warranty without squabbling.

I spotted and pointed out to the product team a cracked roof at the launch event in Earls Court London and they were all aghast and hadn't noticed it so this isn't really a new issue! Fortunately it is quite rare although it has resulted in a number of insurance claims among members and perhaps if LR are now saying its a warranty issue these members should be taking this up with LR Customer Services.
(This post was last modified: 22-04-2013 04:28pm by WB.)
22-04-2013 04:26pm
PhilSkill

That crack was still there at the Birmingham event, and they were just saying these were pre-production models...

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
22-04-2013 04:40pm
WB
WB

(22-04-2013 04:40pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  That crack was still there at the Birmingham event, and they were just saying these were pre-production models...

LOL - at least they weren't just acting surprised. Was it the crack in the corner - I think it was on a 5 door silver Pure with Cirrus interior?
22-04-2013 05:15pm
doug

This is the car you speak of from the NEC.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
22-04-2013 09:54pm
PhilSkill

(22-04-2013 05:15pm)WB Wrote:  LOL - at least they weren't just acting surprised. Was it the crack in the corner - I think it was on a 5 door silver Pure with Cirrus interior?

Yep that's the one 5dr Pure, Cirrus, Indus Silver, as shown in the video, not showing the crack in the rear left corner...

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
23-04-2013 01:40pm