Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Top Gear pulled for this week
J77

RE: Top Gear pulled for this week

If the BBC let him go there will be a lot of TV companies willing to take him on, and I bet his colleagues will follow.

JC plays up for the camera, he's paid handsomely for it. In real life he has a normal guy that does a lot of good for various charities.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
11-03-2015 01:04pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

Whilst he may be a buffoon, he's no fool, If he really did punch someone, then the Beeb have to suspend him and investigate, sounds like they've pulled the show completely for now, It'll be quite a loss for them, from viewers and financially, and whilst they could try to continue it without him (Clarkson sold his stake in Top Gear in 2012), but a change of some or all of the personnel and it will not likely have the same rapport (for better or worse).

For me its just a good comedy frankly better than some of the other so called comedies they churn out, and with a car interest, but the format has got a bit stayed and something was likely to happen sooner or later.

I don't watch much on the Beeb anymore and that's probably gone down by 30% now, but still have to pay my licence...

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
11-03-2015 01:25pm
Tony

TG is now just car biased light entertainment, as one poster said 'if you don't like it don't watch it'. As for the punch, I have worked for several people I would have loved to have punched, there is two sides to every story.

I usually only watch TG when they have a car or topic I am specifically interested in and I did enjoy last weeks show where JC tested the F Type V8R, not that technically informative but entertaining.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
11-03-2015 02:09pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

According to R4's Today programme this morning the BBC makes approx £100-£150million a year from selling the TG format and ready made TV shows - it is also the programme with the highest viewing figures on BBC2 - I heard at lunch time that the worldwide viewing figures for a single episode is in the region of 350million viewers, the special programmes have way bigger audiences, so the BBC people have to think very very carefully about how they deal with the situation. Apparrantly TG is the most watched TV programme in the world!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2015 05:11pm by XFullFatTim.)
11-03-2015 05:09pm
Stadt Panzer

(10-03-2015 09:15pm)mighTTy-RRE Wrote:  I met and a chatted to JC at the filming of Top Gear 11 years ago. I had expected and arrogant celebrity, what I actually got was a real nice bloke who chatted to us in pub chat manner with no "I'm a Celebrity" attitude.

OK so he speaks his mind, but in a lot of cases he speaks common sense.

I met JC twice, once at a race track in Europe and once in a very hot place, when he visited. On both occasions he was a real gent and it was great fun chatting to him.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2015 07:39pm by Stadt Panzer.)
11-03-2015 07:37pm