Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I.....................
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

How do I.....................

Stop the grey film that I continually get on the inside of the front screen? It looks like the screen has misted up but it hasn't and is only visible when driving into the sun. I suspect it may be something to do with running the climate control all the time.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
09-08-2012 10:59pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
doug

RE: How do I.....................

No way to stop it. Try some AutoGlym fast glass from halfords or my favourite Chemical Guys glassWORKZ which can be ordered online from them.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
09-08-2012 11:13pm
Straydox

I've been told that the grey film is generated by the plastics used in car interiors - my last Audi A5 was terrible in that regard. The leather topped Prestige dash seems less badly affected.

A nearly dry exterior drying cloth (I use one of those 'Water Magnet' cloths) gets the glass clean.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
09-08-2012 11:23pm
PhilSkill

Seems far worse with a diesel, any decent glass cleaner should shift it with a nice clean cloth, but not the easiest of jobs to do, so something that reduces build up would be useful.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
09-08-2012 11:32pm