Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
This may sound stupid, but I need help.........
leeselee

Now here's the thing, I started off thinking I would go for Fuji as I thought white was such a stand out colour.

I was then put off white by the fact that all I could see were white cars (not just Evoques) and the fact that a friend said I would have a car that looked like 'the Only Way Is Essex'.

I still think white is gorgeous, but then I saw the OG.......

I do love it and my husband has just got his Mercedes E class in a grey and I love it. I have previously owned silver and black (no more black cars - they always look dirty a day after being washed).

When I went into the dealership, it was all Fuji, OG & Black, nothing else.

I have seen two types of blue and they are not for me. I love the green and sand colours and even though they look divine, they do not grab me as a colour (for me) for three years.

This morning I saw a RED Evoque and nearly had a heart attack! It was SO stunning!

I was with my daughter in the car and her eyes lit up too.

Was it just the brilliant sunshine or does this car really sparkle?

My husband is colour blind, so the red (when I showed him a photo on the internet) looks like grey to him. So for him, no difference - boy, is he missing out!

I will ask my dealership if they have a red to see the true colour in the flesh in a stationery position, rather than speeding past! Laughing

Every time I see an Evoque my heart skips a beat - I have not had that reaction to a car for many years. But the red, wow - proper palpitations!!!

I would appreciate views on this colour - I feel it is amazing but as I have only seen one, for five seconds!

Thanks in advance
25-05-2012 12:03pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Neo

RE: This may sound stupid, but I need help.........

I agree, the red with the black contrast roof looks stunning. I have ordered the Fuji as the white looks stunning too and it's timeless (ie always looks classy). I had the same feeling to yours when I saw a Maritius Blue in the Dynamic - it was really hot! However, the cutoff for my car has passed so I can't make any changes (it's a good thing)

SD4 Dynamic, Fuji white 5 door
Pano roof, Adaptive Dynamics, style 7 wheels, auto tailgate, reverse camera, rear vents

Ordered: April 2012 | Built: June 2012 | Delivered: 14 August 2012
25-05-2012 12:30pm
caroline11000

Really it is down to personal taste. I went for white and love it! I have never really liked the greys or silver but many other people do, I have seen more Orkney Greys's on the road than white so far! But like you say the Red is stunning and I have seen a couple up close and they just sparkle in the sun. I think if I was to do it all over again I would go for Red and it looks great with a contrasting roof. I think the car looks stunning in all colours though but some I favour more than others. I'm sure you will love the car whatever colour you decide on!

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
25-05-2012 12:31pm
J77

I went with white because I like white cars, don't be put off just because of what people say.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
25-05-2012 12:47pm
Griff449

I had ordered BALTIC Blue but changed to white

I do hear many stories of red cars paintwork fading with the weather but I do have to say a red with black roof would look awesome Smile

Had a Pure TD4, Fuji White - now have Dynamic SD4, Fuji White 9 Speed auto with Verve Interior - let the new project begin!
(This post was last modified: 25-05-2012 01:01pm by Griff449.)
25-05-2012 01:01pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

White and Red are the best colours for the Evoque by far... (My opinion!) Grey is nice too but I had a grey car for 8 years... My only concern is the Red is a bit dark and may seem dull on a dull day, in the sunshine it does look special. If I brought again I'd have to think hard about a Firenze with black contrast roof...

You can't really go wrong though, its just stunning.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
25-05-2012 01:01pm
Rossy100

As I have posted previously, my dealer had a Firenze red in the showroom under the lights and it looked absolutely amazing. However when I then saw one in the dealer compound under a grey sky (whilst still very nice), lost much of the 'wow, factor and looked like a different car..... So whilst a great looking car in all conditions, it does need the sunshine to really sparkle.

I also saw a Mauritius in the car park which again didn't look anywhere near as bright and eye catching as in some of the photos I've seen (but again a great colour either way!).

I therefore opted for OG with black roof...... And happened to see one yesterday on road which looked awesome and firmly validated my choice.
25-05-2012 01:06pm
Evoquative

I am biased as I have the firenze with a black roof, but I can honestly say I haven't regretted it for a moment. The number of comments I have had complimenting me on the colour - even on a cloudy day. The metallic flecks shimmer in the sun, but even on a dull day you can see its not just "another red car". Plus even when it has had a few mud splashes it doesn't look anywhere near as dirty as my previous black car.
Good luck with whatever colour you choose - at the end of the day it is all down to personal choice....

Now a very happy owner of a Dynamic Si4 Firenze 5dr, black roof with lux & plus packs, black alloys, heated steering wheel, privacy, homelink & spare wheel.Very Happy
25-05-2012 01:21pm
leeselee

I'm going to go back to the dealership and make a 'final' choice......

I must say - I like every colour. Never had such a difficult but enjoyable decision to make!

Thanks everyone.
25-05-2012 01:38pm
Token

I love the red...I think it is stunning...however, I have thought that about red cars previously and they have not maintained their colour as well as other cars...they only have to 'dull' slightly to lose their appeal. We have no idea how the red is going to hold up yet, so time will tell.

I went OG and don't regret it at all...I wouldn't change...but, it is more common than the red and won't turn as many heads.

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
25-05-2012 01:51pm