Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Third Service
Kentboy

Third Service

In today for its third service (where have three years gone) I have a service plan so paying full service price. The vehicle has only done 9115 mile in three years so not getting good value out of the service plan. Having payed top dollar for the service I really didnt expect to get a call from Guy Salmon Aylesford to ask if I wanted the break fluid changed as it should be done at three years at an additional cost of £80+!!

If I should ever purchase another new RR then I would never buy a service plan but shop around at the time.

You live and learn! Shocked

Evoque Prestige SD4, Barolo Black contrast white roof, Ambiance Upholstery with Figured Macassar wood insert, Privecy glass, Lux Pack, 20" Style 6 Alloys, Spare Wheel. Ordered 10th March estimated completion date 6th July.
23-06-2015 03:14pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: Third Service

You don't mean the £500 for 5 years service plan then, you mean the early dealer offered plans I assume.

I turned down the dealer plan, seemed a rip off.

And yes Brake (and Clutch for Manuals) fluid change is on neither plans... odd as was always included with other manufacturers I've used.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
23-06-2015 03:50pm
Kentboy

(23-06-2015 03:50pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  You don't mean the £500 for 5 years service plan then, you mean the early dealer offered plans I assume.

I turned down the dealer plan, seemed a rip off.

And yes Brake (and Clutch for Manuals) fluid change is on neither plans... odd as was always included with other manufacturers I've used.

Yes my service plan is somewhere in the region of £1700 for 4 years, hindsight is a wonderful thing! I did get a nice little video from them 'vehicle health check' which the time would have been better spent off the cost of the fluid!

Video http://video.citnow.com/vtQN4MGy2TR

(23-06-2015 04:37pm)Kentboy Wrote:  Yes my service plan is somewhere in the region of £1700 for 4 years, hindsight is a wonderful thing! I did get a nice little video from them 'vehicle health check' which the time would have been better spent off the cost of the fluid!

Video http://video.citnow.com/vtQN4MGy2TR

Service to keep the warranty is a rip off anyway. I have a 5 series BMW that has done 47000 and only had a couple of services no need for an annual service only when mileage is at the desired level.

Evoque Prestige SD4, Barolo Black contrast white roof, Ambiance Upholstery with Figured Macassar wood insert, Privecy glass, Lux Pack, 20" Style 6 Alloys, Spare Wheel. Ordered 10th March estimated completion date 6th July.
(This post was last modified: 23-06-2015 04:41pm by Kentboy.)
23-06-2015 04:37pm
PhilSkill

I got a nice video of a nail in my tyre, it's quite common for most dealers these days to do videos, but reality is we'd all rather the service was a sensible price!

Agreed yearly servicing is becoming old hat and seen as a rip off now, there is some sense having an annual check-up but not at silly prices and as a requirement for Warranties.

Now my Warranty is out i'll be looking at mileage/usage based servicing when it suits me.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
23-06-2015 05:38pm
Kentboy

(23-06-2015 05:38pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  I got a nice video of a nail in my tyre, it's quite common for most dealers these days to do videos, but reality is we'd all rather the service was a sensible price!

Agreed yearly servicing is becoming old hat and seen as a rip off now, there is some sense having an annual check-up but not at silly prices and as a requirement for Warranties.

Now my Warranty is out i'll be looking at mileage/usage based servicing when it suits me.

I picked the car up and the damage to the wallet wasn't as much as I had expected after all as I hadn't realised there is a MOT for life and therefore at zero cost to me so a little better that was expecting which helped.

23-06-2015 06:02pm
Kentboy

(23-06-2015 05:38pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  I got a nice video of a nail in my tyre, it's quite common for most dealers these days to do videos, but reality is we'd all rather the service was a sensible price!

I picked the car up and the damage to the wallet wasn't as much as I had expected after all as I hadn't realised there is a MOT for life and therefore at zero cost to me so a little better that was expecting which helped.

23-06-2015 07:16pm
bee

(23-06-2015 07:16pm)Kentboy Wrote:  I picked the car up and the damage to the wallet wasn't as much as I had expected after all as I hadn't realised there is a MOT for life and therefore at zero cost to me so a little better that was expecting which helped.

no mot for life with my evo Crying

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
24-06-2015 03:23pm
PhilSkill

Guy Salmon offer it, but of course if you get Guy Salmon to MOT it, you can end up paying Guy Salmon prices for Tyres/Brakes/Repairs too... Double edged sword.

24-06-2015 04:50pm
michail1

I am surprised by the cost as well.

I only just had the two year done. 20650 miles. $732
Still not liking the way it shifts, so they acted as if they did something - it's the same.

I get home and my tires were not even rotated as they said would be done. WTF.
I call them and they say they don't rotate tires on the Evoque according to factory paperwork.
WT Hell. So, warranty covered lubing wheel hubs, but they don't rotate tires while their off?
So, they gave me a $50 credit for future - great.

Meh, I got a torque wrench and did it myself. Remember 98Lbs/130nm

Oh yeah, dash still says service required since before the last visit. Errr

Even better..... I got a call saying I needed new front and read brakes at a quoted price of $1864.
Are these people idiots? Brakes required with less than 21000 miles?
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2015 02:17am by michail1.)
02-08-2015 02:16am
markbb99

I just had my two year done last week - they told me it would be $407 incl taxes at J-LR Nashville, TN. When I went to pick it up they told me it was over $520, so I brought up the huge increase and they said they would call me back later. They finally called back and said it would cost $420 and when I saw the receipt that they mailed they said they had replaced two windshield wipers (which I had replaced myself about 6 weeks ago) - cost for EACH wiper $39.95!
03-08-2015 10:53pm