Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Think I've got a Marmite car.
Evo-king

So many people I know and even people I don't know who see the car when we are out and about comment of what a stunning car it is, and how lucky we are.

BUT recently four of my acquaintances have said to me are you mad, that car is ugly, it looks squashed, why didn't you buy a proper Range Rover.

To which I replied, it's all a case of personal taste/choice, we love it, it fits our requirements and a 'proper Range Rover' as you call it is too big for us.

So there you have it a "Marmite' car.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
19-05-2012 10:10am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Griff449

RE: Think I've got a Marmite car.

Well I don't like Marmite but I do love the Evoque! I only happened to see one close up in the showroom when I took my Freelander in for it's first service ready to sell and I as soon as I had seen one I knew I had to go and order there and then!

Had a Pure TD4, Fuji White - now have Dynamic SD4, Fuji White 9 Speed auto with Verve Interior - let the new project begin!
19-05-2012 10:13am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Donny Dog

(19-05-2012 10:10am)Evo-king Wrote:  So many people I know and even people I don't know who see the car when we are out and about comment of what a stunning car it is, and how lucky we are.

BUT recently four of my acquaintances have said to me are you mad, that car is ugly, it looks squashed, why didn't you buy a proper Range Rover.

To which I replied, it's all a case of personal taste/choice, we love it, it fits our requirements and a 'proper Range Rover' as you call it is too big for us.

So there you have it a "Marmite' car.

I though this was yet another new colour!

One of my (grown up) sons thinks it looks squashed, too, but I can't complain, as so do I! It's the only aspect of the external design I don't like - I have a five-door and would much prefer it if the roof were horizontal (not to mention the extra boot space that would give).
19-05-2012 10:14am
Pommyboi

I had a work colleague who said it was ugly and looked squashed, we're no longer friends due to her obvious poor taste. Well that and the fact she got made redundant.

On order: Feb 2012 - Pure, 5 door, SD4 auto, Style 4 wheels, Front parking, fog lights, rear camera, spare wheel. Red Contrast roof, Ebony- final spec TBC
19-05-2012 10:59am
ceebee

(19-05-2012 10:14am)Donny Dog Wrote:  I though this was yet another new colour!

One of my (grown up) sons thinks it looks squashed, too, but I can't complain, as so do I! It's the only aspect of the external design I don't like - I have a five-door and would much prefer it if the roof were horizontal (not to mention the extra boot space that would give).

Donny dog, couldn't agree more, it's the only thing that I would change on the exterior, I think that the squashed look suits the coupe very well, but the 5 door would be better with a more conventional roofline.

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
19-05-2012 12:33pm
evoquemayne

Guys, that's like saying (apologies Ladies) that Jennifer Lopez would be more appealing with a smaller arse. More practical yes, more reasonable, yes, but really?

The sloping roofline is one of the chief design facets that I am pleased made it over from the LRX. Without it, the Evoque will suddenly start looking (shock horror) boxy. Next someone will say, and with a flatter bonnet, I would have better forward visibility, and with a larger rear view window, I would have better rear visibility.
19-05-2012 01:01pm
ceebee

(19-05-2012 01:01pm)evoquemayne Wrote:  Guys, that's like saying (apologies Ladies) that Jennifer Lopez would be more appealing with a smaller arse. More practical yes, more reasonable, yes, but really?

The sloping roofline is one of the chief design facets that I am pleased made it over from the LRX. Without it, the Evoque will suddenly start looking (shock horror) boxy. Next someone will say, and with a flatter bonnet, I would have better forward visibility, and with a larger rear view window, I would have better rear visibility.

That's an interesting point, I will now need to do some research regarding Jennifer Lopez' arse.

I may be a while.............

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
19-05-2012 01:54pm
doug

Who would have thought that a LR forum would be talking Marmite & Jennifer Lopez in the same thread Laughing
That's just one if the things I love about babbyrr.com Thumbs Up

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
19-05-2012 02:10pm
evoquemayne

(19-05-2012 01:54pm)ceebee Wrote:  That's an interesting point, I will now need to do some research regarding Jennifer Lopez' arse.

I may be a while.............

And I'm sure you'll see, after taking your time (of course), that the Evoque might actually suit it's sloping roof line, and consequently...Laughing
(This post was last modified: 19-05-2012 02:39pm by evoquemayne.)
19-05-2012 02:39pm
J77

The Evoque would not look the same with a conventional roofline, I had 3 adults in the back of my one and didn't find any problem with the roofline. Conventional roofline + bigger boot = Fl2. The rear of the car would just look awful.

Anyway back to the topic, I've also had the should've bought a "real" Range Rover comments and the it "looks squashed" comments but they also said the same when I bought a Fl2 "should've bought a real Land Rover" but when the snow came in 2010 I was the first person they asked to tow them out. It doesn't matter what you buy there will always be someone who will have something to say about it.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
19-05-2012 02:43pm