Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Think I've got a Marmite car.
Biker

RE: Think I've got a Marmite car.

To my knowledge an Evoque is a real range rover last time I checked the name.
Mahindra for example is NOT a real land rover Wink

TD4 180 HSE MY17 Fuji White
20-05-2012 03:04am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Broadsword1959

(19-05-2012 01:54pm)ceebee Wrote:  That's an interesting point, I will now need to do some research regarding Jennifer Lopez' arse.

I may be a while.............

Just don't research Nicki Minaj's rear end. You will end up circumnavigating a small planet

Pure, SD4, Manual, Baltic Blue, Ebony Interior, Tech Pack, Xenon Headlights, Folding Mirrors / Puddle Lights, Front Fog Lights, Reversing Camera
[Image: 124096.png]
20-05-2012 03:41pm
Mobile mickey

You should look at it as a tribute to RR engineering that they have managed to make the Evoque look "squashed" on the outside and afford room on the inside for 5 six foot passengers with ease. i have had two six foot three people in the back and no problem. you have to ignore what people assume if they have not been inside and sat in it. One point was made about the rear view mirror size, try this .... set your seat in a high position and your view is much better and not worth commenting on, make sure you set the option for the seat to lower on exit and it also makes your driving position better and you feel more relaxed after a long journey. win, win, win.
Be proud of not driving a boring square box, do you think the NEW range rover will look like the old style or the Evoque style??????????

eD4, prestige, lux pack, in a fantastic colima lime.

Ed4 Prestige, lux pack, blind spot monitors, adaptive xenons, cameras, auto-parking etc in colima lime.
21-05-2012 09:35am
PhilSkill

My Passenger and I the other day were looking at another car while stationery through the side window, and they said "I cant see past the large wing mirror"... I said raise the seat... oh it's a Dynamic you cant... D'oh. Definitely a poor compromise there Banging Head

The 5 door on the other hand is a brilliant compromise between more space and access and the squashed sloping roof line, it doesn't look as squashed but retains the good looks, so there are 2 options already.

As for Marmite... hate it... and have you seen it being made, it'll turn your stomach.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
21-05-2012 02:37pm
Donny Dog

(21-05-2012 09:35am)Mobile mickey Wrote:  You should look at it as a tribute to RR engineering that they have managed to make the Evoque look "squashed" on the outside and afford room on the inside for 5 six foot passengers with ease. i have had two six foot three people in the back and no problem.

That's if you like the 'squashed' look! I don't carry rear seat passengers (although I wouldn't mind more boot height), but my main problem is with the exterior aesthetics of the rear quarter/low rear 'eyebrow'. The rest of the car is great.

(21-05-2012 09:35am)Mobile mickey Wrote:  Be proud of not driving a boring square box, do you think the NEW range rover will look like the old style or the Evoque style??????????

If the sneak previews are anything to go by, they will still be 'boxy'. Having said that, I like the Freelander - I think the design looks well-sorted and efficient in its latest guise - but the Evoque was my wife's choice!
21-05-2012 04:40pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

If you want an Evoque with a normal roofline then buy a Mini Countryman. I wonder if there are such discussions on the VW Scirrocco forums about "unsquashing" the roof of a Scirrocco which has just as rakish a roofline and a lot less headroom in the rear seats, and it doesn't even have the option of the running gear fr a 4wd system to find space for in the back. Coupe or 5 door the Evoque is a very cleverly packaged car to achieve decent rear passenger headroom without compromising the desirable body shape or rear seat passenger comfort.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 21-05-2012 09:05pm by XFullFatTim.)
21-05-2012 09:04pm