Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The trials and trbulations of trying to order a new car....
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: The trials and trbulations of trying to order a new car....

Barolo isn't actually black! It's black with metallic red flecks and looks black from a distance and very very dark red close up - black pack should go fine with it - Dynamic comes with black trim strips anyway. Remember that for 2014 you will loose the black trim along the lower edge of the tailgate window

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 22-09-2013 10:17am by XFullFatTim.)
22-09-2013 10:13am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim

The spec of my new car is for 2014Model Year Chani, that is why you cannot find the Intelligence Pack or the 9 speed gearbox on the LR website. The 2014 cars can be ordered now through dealerships but the LR Website will not go live with 2014 specs until 1st October.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
25-09-2013 04:22pm
chani1312

(25-09-2013 04:22pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  The spec of my new car is for 2014Model Year Chani, that is why you cannot find the Intelligence Pack or the 9 speed gearbox on the LR website. The 2014 cars can be ordered now through dealerships but the LR Website will not go live with 2014 specs until 1st October.

Thanks for the Reply guys,

I have worked it out with LR dealer.

I have now ordered a 5 Door Santorini Black Dynamic LUX, With the Black design pack, intelligence pack, Dynamic plus pack leather red (sport bucket) seats, Heated steering wheel, privacy glass, adaptive xenon with led signature auto headlamp levelling cornering lights, Rear vents.

from accessory i have ordered the silver aluminium driver selector shift with the leather top. ( i found a used dynamic and the gear stick has scratches over it)

Initially i ordered the Coupe, however with the dynamic plus pack, there is no room in the back.

I am ging for the 2.2 automatic Diesel.

However i will be looking to get the engine remapped straight away. Overfinch are charginging £1100 for an ecu remap.

Any ideas Where i can get this from?

I have had a Scirocco R and Audi A5, audi RS5......then i downgraded to an A1 which has been hell. I am hoping the evoque will be a comfortable ride like my A5 was. With all these optional extras i think i will be fine Smile

build date has been pushed back from nov 9th to nov 11th.
25-09-2013 05:55pm
XFullFatTim

I would drive the car for 5-6 months without the chip first and read this post http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Engine-Ch...y-question I think you will find that it has quite sufficient torque ffor it's intended use - it isn't meant to be a Scirocco R GTi basher! It's primarily a stylish small SUV.

If then you feel that you need more oomph we have a forum sponsor who has a highly recommended Evoque remap that he developed using his own car. He is also highly regarded for all his Land Rover remaps - BAS. I suggest you contact him before going for any other chip or remap.

I have the Plus pack on my current Dynamic Coupe - I have never had complaints about a) lack of room in the rear or b) claustrophobia in the back and I have carried 2 x 6' + blokes in rear on a trip from Scotland and Manchester and back.

(This post was last modified: 25-09-2013 08:41pm by XFullFatTim.)
25-09-2013 08:26pm
chani1312

Thanks for the update.

I'm sure I will like the evoque. And me choosing a five door was after I personally tested the rear seats out with a few friends. We visited land rover. And I didn't like it. I'm glad you but. But the fact the 5 door is a £1000 cheaper. It's a no brainer. However saying that. The coupe does look better from the outside.

The remap. I have had a few cars. And the torque is key. I will eventually get it remapped.
25-09-2013 11:09pm
doug

(25-09-2013 05:55pm)chani1312 Wrote:  I have now ordered a 5 Door Santorini Black Dynamic LUX, With the Black design pack, intelligence pack, Dynamic plus pack leather red (sport bucket) seats, Heated steering wheel, privacy glass, adaptive xenon with led signature auto headlamp levelling cornering lights, Rear vents

Great spec. What about the spare wheel .
A lot of us who ordered without this, now regret not adding this it at the time of order.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
26-09-2013 08:35am
chani1312

Spare wheel. Really. If I do spec it where does it be under the boot. Or bottom of the car?
26-09-2013 09:10am
XFullFatTim

It is inside the boot, under the fibreboard "floor" of the boot, but it is inside, not slung underneath. Also it will not be a 20" alloy it is a spacesaver steel wheel - a 20" will not fit under the floor. I haven't specced one for my new car, didn't have one for the current car. It is possible to retrofit one but it is a pretty expensive purchase and you also need to remove the fitted fillet that the cars without a spare have. It's a better value purchase to have it fitted at the factory during build.
5 door versus Coupe - I'm single and rarely carry rear seat passengers so went for the Coupe. I've gone for a 5 door this time as I my parents are now well into their 80's and while both still drive I can see in a couple of years time I may be becoming the taxi service when they finally give up being dangers to other road users............

(This post was last modified: 26-09-2013 09:27am by XFullFatTim.)
26-09-2013 09:19am
chani1312

I think I may give it a miss.

Does the evoque have a memory card reader??

Or like an in built hard drive for music and videos
26-09-2013 09:22am
XFullFatTim

no card reader but it has 2 USB ports in the centre cubby box (one is a dedicated iPhone connection as well as being capable of being used as a USB) - there is a large thread in another section of the forums about memory sticks and portable hard-drives that will work. Your Lux pack comes with an HDD system big enough to store plenty of music (10 dvd's IIRC) in it as well as all the European roadmaps for the satnav.

(This post was last modified: 26-09-2013 09:31am by XFullFatTim.)
26-09-2013 09:31am