Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Range is Gone! :(
DustinDep

The Range is Gone! :(

Well after nearly 2 years with my RR we parted ways yesterday! But i cant wait for my new CLA45!!!
04-09-2013 09:40am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RRSteve

RE: The Range is Gone! :(

Nice car and I bet it drives nce! Nice interior also. One thing I'm not sure about with some Mercs these days is the rear end? Something not quite right about the styling for me.
04-09-2013 10:21am
PhilB

(04-09-2013 09:40am)DustinDep Wrote:  Well after nearly 2 years with my RR we parted ways yesterday! But i cant wait for my new CLA45!!!

Snap!
Just been told my A45 should hit dockside 1st week in October so mine will go to a new owner then.
I would like to have ordered a new RRE but it hasn't moved on enough spec-wise to buy another.
Maybe in a couple of years when the hew hotfire engines etc etc are online I may return.

As regards the back end of new Mercs not being good looking.
If its got AMG on the back you aren't going to see it anyway!
Twisted Evil

Prestige SD4 5 door manual, Firenze, vibe, style 4, adaptive dynamics, privacy, Hybrid tv, spare wheel, grey oak wood finisher, ebony headliner.
04-09-2013 12:51pm
mark_n

My Mercedes AMG has been the most unreliable car I have ever owned.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
04-09-2013 11:16pm
markleigh

(04-09-2013 11:16pm)mark_n Wrote:  My Mercedes AMG has been the most unreliable car I have ever owned.

Ditto. I had an SLK AMG. Rubbish! Spent almost as much time in dealership than on the road (used to joke that it had more miles vertically than horizontally... except it wasn't that funny!)

From frying pan into the fire... Switched from Prius T-Spirit to Evoque Pure Tech. Am going to hell!
17-09-2013 11:54pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Valeter

Don't think in reality that German cars are as reliable as they have you believe!!!!!! There is the BMW thread for a start.

If one wants a cars spec to change significantly in only a 2 year period the best car to buy is a Ford as they change specs like an optician.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
18-09-2013 08:22pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilB

(18-09-2013 08:22pm)The Valeter Wrote:  If one wants a cars spec to change significantly in only a 2 year period the best car to buy is a Ford as they change specs like an optician.

Laughing

Prestige SD4 5 door manual, Firenze, vibe, style 4, adaptive dynamics, privacy, Hybrid tv, spare wheel, grey oak wood finisher, ebony headliner.
19-09-2013 09:11am
CSJ

Have had one Merc (and about a dozen courtesy mercs as mine was always in for warranty issues).

Without doubt the worse made car I have ever owned, good engine but that was it, awful build quality, consistently unreliable, numerous breakdowns, even two courtesy cars broke down on me!

Never again would I buy a Merc!

On order: Volvo XC60 T5 Inscription Pro

Current: Porsche Macan, Pebble Interior, Volcano Grey, Bose, other extras which cost lots and should be standard

Gone:
BMW X6 m diesel with BMW exclusive interior
Evoque Dynamic Orkney, Accolade Dynamic Plus Sports Interior (Ivory)
Evoque. Coupe, Dynamic, Fuji, Pursuit (x2)
Scirocco 2.0 GT DSG, Black, Black Lthr, 19" Luganos
TT Mk 2, Grey, Audi Exclusive Int
SLK Mk 2, Blk, Beige Lthr
TT Mk 1, Blue, Silver Lthr
TT Mk 1, Silver, Grey Lthr
(This post was last modified: 19-09-2013 03:47pm by CSJ.)
19-09-2013 03:47pm
timhum

There have been people on this forum who would say the same about their experiences with the Evoque.
I had a Jaguar XF 3.0D S which was the most unreliable car I've ever owned; even Jaguar couldn't sort the problems so I got rid of it at huge cost. This doesn't make me believe that all Jaguars are rubbish, I believe mine was a rogue. My real annoyance was the shabby treatment received from Jaguar although after many arguments we got a £3k contribution towards our Evoque, after having lost £23k in 16 months on the XF.
Tim

Tim
Evoque SD4 Pure Tech, Auto, Orkney, Panoramic roof, dipping and folding mirrors
20-09-2013 01:59pm