Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3 Average
The List of Suggested Improvements (was 2012 Software Update List)
lngrn36

RE: The List of Suggested Improvements (was 2012 Software Update List)

(26-01-2012 12:08pm)mark_n Wrote:  Here's my vote for the three most ludicrous suggestions:

- A re-design to prevent bruising to various parts of the body for those endowed with fast food induced excess body mass...

Following on from that, I think there should be strain gauges built into the driver's seat to weigh the driver and remove all fast food POIs from the SatNav if the driver is overweight. Also, remove Dunkin Donuts from the POIs anyway as they are disgusting.

This is funny stuff! An interactive healthy lifestyle satnav. Sadly it will probably come true...
Sad

Tim
Evoque Coupe Pure+
SI4 - Auto
Sumatra Black - Ebony/Ebony
Climate package
Satellite Radio
27-01-2012 01:08pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Aussievoque

Decent quality windscreen wipers. Not sure about other countries but mine (Australian model) have nothing to stabilise the actual wiper blade so they wiggle and wobble all over the place when in use.

Better material to line the rear wheel arches. What is that recycled cardboard stuff they have used?? Is an absolute b**stard to clean.

Get rid of that freakin high pitched noise the car makes after you switch it off.

Allow the radio to play for longer than 5 minutes (???) without the engine being on.

Go back to an actual ignition key. I hate this push start button crap, what does it actually achieve??

2012 TD4 - Firenze - White leather - Style 6 - Panoramic roof - Keyless Entry - Bi-Xenons - Clearview - Navigation
29-01-2012 08:13am
Find all posts by this user
mark_n

I agree the wheel arch liners are not great, difficult to know how durable they will be long term. I like the keyless start and no problem with the wipers in the torrential rain here a couple of days ago.

They could certainly extend the radio run time beyond 10 minutes but you would have to sign a disclaimer that you wouldn't be able to start the car afterwards. It's a stupid suggestion which ignores the basic physics of the power consumption of the audio system and the capacity of the battery.

No high pitched noise on an SI4...

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
29-01-2012 10:33am
Aussievoque

(29-01-2012 10:33am)mark_n Wrote:  It's a stupid suggestion which ignores the basic physics of the power consumption of the audio system and the capacity of the battery.

Never had a problem running the radio in previous cars while washing etc. And I think it reasonable to let us judge for ourselves how long we dare to run the radio.

Maybe you could add it to your oh so funny "ludicrous" list Wink

2012 TD4 - Firenze - White leather - Style 6 - Panoramic roof - Keyless Entry - Bi-Xenons - Clearview - Navigation
29-01-2012 11:53am
mark_n

(29-01-2012 11:53am)Aussievoque Wrote:  Maybe you could add it to your oh so funny "ludicrous" list Wink

I'm pleased you enjoyed the list and your suggestion is certainly a contender... Wink

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
29-01-2012 12:37pm
olde

RE: 2012 Software Update List

(23-01-2012 08:38am)Evoquer Wrote:  Central Display Design: Please adopt the concept of ICONs instead of 'all look same' rectangular boxes. The readability is horrible and I have to stare at it for a couple of seconds to figure it out. It's a safety issue as well.

Am I allowed to say that I think this is the best suggestion so far? Icons. Why didn't they do that? Is that why the buttons are so large? Also, is every button different in every country? Wait a minute...If I change the default language to say German or French, does the button text fall off the edge of almost every button? Now I am more sure than ever that Land Rover will have to release a retro-active software release! Rolling Eyes

Whistle Our Petition to Improve the Evoque sent to Range Rover CEO, get your copy ---> HERE <---
29-01-2012 06:08pm
PhilSkill

How about adding to the Sat Nav "avoid width restrictions"...

Also External temperature display on the main screen.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
29-01-2012 07:32pm
Aussievoque

(29-01-2012 12:37pm)mark_n Wrote:  I'm pleased you enjoyed the list and your suggestion is certainly a contender... Wink

Just glad we have self appointed guardians of the list to let us know whether our suggestions are valid or not Laughing

29-01-2012 10:55pm
RoverMD

The List of Suggested Improvements (was 2012 Software Update List)

I would be surprised if they even incorporate one idea as an upgrade for us current owners.

'12 Dynamic - Buckingham Blue
30-01-2012 11:57am
Meneldor

RE: Can someone please tell me why I can't pair my Galaxy SII with my Evoque

(26-01-2012 08:33am)Mike Bussey Wrote:  Firstly I am battling to pair my Galaxy SII with the car. It sees the phone but fails to pair with it. Anyone know what I am doing wrong, or is there a software issue?

All good with my Galaxy S II, as well as Galaxy Note. Both bluetooth music and phone functions work fine, including the phonebook import.

RRE Coupe Prestige Auto SD4 w/ Adaptive Dynamics, Buckingham Blue w/ Panoramic, Element w/ Grey Oak, 20" Sparkle Silver Style 6, Dynamic & Prestige Tech Pack, 825w Audio, Dual-View, Blind Spot Monitoring, High Beam Assist
30-01-2012 12:34pm
Thread Closed