Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Autobiography Evoque
Evo-king

RE: The Autobiography Evoque

(29-06-2014 10:03pm)Lone Rangerover Wrote:  But why would Land Rover not avoid this by simply sticking the Their JLR V6 in the evoque -- in Ftype form it starts at a very reasonable 350 hp. and the engine bay in the evoque looks to be similarly sized.

Why bother paying premiums to Ford ? when people would gladly buy an Evoque "R" with 350hp -- or better yet tuned to 380-400 hp

Im not sure why they're delaying this -- imagine an Evoque that sounded like the F - type.....WOW

The V6 engine and larger engine sizes have been discussed at length on here, they simply won't fit into the engine bay.

Now here's where I'm guessing, JLR will not go for any more Ford engines as the previously called Hotfire, now Ingenium engines come on stream next year, LR will be using those and one hopes there are some powerful engines to choose from.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
03-07-2014 08:48pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark_n

Given LR's propensity to grab publicity wherever it can, it was really striking at the Goodwood Festival of Speed (which is now arguably the UK's biggest new car show) how little was being done with the Evoque. Just one Autobiography in black, it seems the Evoque is in limbo-land until those new engines come on stream which can't be a moment too soon.

To be honest, I don't think either the current diesel or petrol are up to being put in a range-topper. The Evoque is meanwhile being challenged by the competition - the Macan, the BMW X4 and products from Mercedes as well.

When the new engines are available, a facelifted Evoque will regain its competitiveness. For now, there's not much new on the block and the Evoque is in the Doldrums. Difficult to see Evoque volumes building at the same rate until then and it's just as well Halewood builds the Freelander as well.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
04-07-2014 03:21am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Mark, 80% of production is exported, the export markets are still very strong for Evoque and less so for Freelander2 which is starting to suffer run-out sales drop-off with everybody waiting for the new car (with the same old Ford 2.2 engine at launch this year?). Let's hope that at least the engine bay of Freelander3/ Disco Sport will be able to take the Jaguar petrol engines at least. Already Disco4 and New RRS gets some of the Jag V6 S/C petrols for some markets I believe

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2014 07:05am by XFullFatTim.)
04-07-2014 07:05am