Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Autobiography Evoque
Acorn

The Autobiography Evoque

I understand JLR are bringing outa Evoque Autobiography model soon, does anyone have any news on the model yet. My local dealer has promised to call me as soon as a model is in their showroom and I will get a test drive. Just wondered if anyone has clapped eyes on any info.?

RANGE ROVER EVOQUE DYNAMIC SD4 AUTOMATIC - Premium Interior Pack
Lux Pack
Aeroflip on rear spoiler in Gloss Black
Privacy Glass Premium Interior Pack
Automatic High Beam Assist Headlamps
Interior Auto-dimming Rear View Mirror
Premium carpet mats with edging Heated Steering Wheel
24-06-2014 08:51pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark_n

RE: The Autobiography Evoque

My concern is that it's most likely to be an optioned-up cosmetic makeover. LR have painted themselves into a corner by designing a car which cannot take a larger engine (3 litre V6 for example) which means it will now play second fiddle to the Porsche Macan, love it or hate it.

It will be interesting to see where LR take the Evoque. I'm not overly hopeful.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
24-06-2014 10:33pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Your dealer has all the details now Acorn, it's only available as a 5 door SD4 Auto, also info on the LR Evoque website. There is a Ford 2.3ltr version of the 2.0ltr Ecoflex coming soon that developes 300BHP but as LR has to pay Ford a premium to by the engines I doubt we will see it in the Evoque any year soon.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 25-06-2014 10:50am by XFullFatTim.)
25-06-2014 10:48am
Acorn

(25-06-2014 10:48am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Your dealer has all the details now Acorn, it's only available as a 5 door SD4 Auto, also info on the LR Evoque website. There is a Ford 2.3ltr version of the 2.0ltr Ecoflex coming soon that developes 300BHP but as LR has to pay Ford a premium to by the engines I doubt we will see it in the Evoque any year soon.

Hiya, Yes I have seen this but not a great deal of info so far and not yet ableVery HappyVery Happy to build one??

RANGE ROVER EVOQUE DYNAMIC SD4 AUTOMATIC - Premium Interior Pack
Lux Pack
Aeroflip on rear spoiler in Gloss Black
Privacy Glass Premium Interior Pack
Automatic High Beam Assist Headlamps
Interior Auto-dimming Rear View Mirror
Premium carpet mats with edging Heated Steering Wheel
25-06-2014 11:17am
XFullFatTim

Cannot build any 2015MY car on the configurator but you can order one! Expect the configurator to change in August-ish and even then it will be wrong............

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
25-06-2014 12:41pm
J77

Not really how an Autobigraphy should be though, it was originally for those that wanted something special, something different. Now it's applied to anything with a Range Rover badge. Hopefully once the SVO division gets under way the original Autobiography concept will return. Still a looker.

I agree with Mark though, there should've been an RS Evoque out by now.

I've just been building a Pure SD4 auto, £36k I've got it to. Undecided between Evoque or Disco Sport.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
25-06-2014 02:50pm
XFullFatTim

I know that "spy" shots and LR CAD visualisations rarely look like the final product but based on what is on the LR website and in the press the "Disco-Sport" is a rebadged and ungainly looking New RRS. Hopefully it will never see the light of day looking anything like those pictures. Surely if you want an RRS/Evoque you buy one and not a look-a-like utility version badged Discovery

(This post was last modified: 26-06-2014 05:57am by XFullFatTim.)
26-06-2014 05:56am
J77

The name and looks mean nothing to me, it's a replacement for the FL2, which is a great car but all good things must end.

The D4 is a bit too big for my needs and the Evoque may be too small at times but it's liveable, a sport is over budget (for some) for whom the Disco Sport is aimed at. If LR choose to pay their design team over the odds for not much imagination then that's their choice, but I very much doubt it will be bought because it may bare a resemblance to a RRS.

I've probably just answered my own question, but why would I pay over the odds for a car that claims to be but falls way short of the RR quality?

Personally I think it's going to be a good looking motor, granted the name ain't the best choice.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
(This post was last modified: 26-06-2014 02:17pm by J77.)
26-06-2014 10:50am
Stadt Panzer

I have just checked the German website and the configurator has the Autobiography Evoque!!

So excuse me whilst I go and play, oh and the starting price is just over 60,000.00 Euros.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
(This post was last modified: 28-06-2014 08:36am by Stadt Panzer.)
28-06-2014 08:35am
KaDargo

There was one on the LR stand at Goodwood yesterday - £53,000

SD4 Prestige, Mauritius, Element, Cirrus Headlining, Pana Roof, Park Assist, Heated Steering Wheel,Blind Spot monitor, 20" Alloys, Powered Tailgate
28-06-2014 08:38am