Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Teslas
jitenc

RE: Teslas

(29-10-2014 10:08pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I had a missed call and an email from Tesla today while I was in a meeting, they will be calling me back tomorrow

Tim, I have been for the test drive in one of this. It's so quiet inside, that you could hear yourself think!
I loved the acceleration, when the demonstrator asked me to floor it on the A40.
For me the only problem would be the price, but I think they are getting a cheaper version if this car.
I especially was interested on the whole concept of how the car came into being and the person who made it all happen.

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
30-10-2014 07:08am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evo-king

I'm also keen on the whole concept of the car and company.

They plan to have the S, the X a SUV and the 3 or E, this will fall into the c£30k price bracket and similar in size to a 3 series BMW. If they get the engine power and dual motor drive on that one right, I would think it will be a really big seller.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
30-10-2014 08:58pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

The S is currently available with 4WD, it comes in a £13000 pack along with airsuspension. It takes the price of a very well specced up Tesla S well over £80,000 and well into Range Rover territory! The S is not a small car either, I would say it might even be longer than a FFRR!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
30-10-2014 10:41pm
J77

Do you fancy one then?

I looked at the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV, but choosing to stay with the Disco Sport. I was impressed when I saw the DS in the flesh at Gleneagles. Plenty room in the second row seats when moved back with a fair sized boot, similar driving position to the Evoque, in fact I liking it to a more practical Evoque.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
05-11-2014 05:04pm
Evo-king

Well in the space of three cars today in Cirencester I saw a Tesla S in Black, at close range it really is a big car then came the PHEV Outlander. I can't make my mind up about it, seems bigger than the Evoque, they've gone for a modern style similar to the Evoque but somehow I don't get it. It will still sell though.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
05-11-2014 09:36pm
XFullFatTim

There are loads and loads of the Outlander PHEV's around and Autocar and What Car? magazines both rave about the cars they have on long term test - neither mag has tried doing what we got up to at Eastor type things in them though! It is bigger than Evoque, more RRS size. Mitsubishi's Evoque/Freelander competitor is the ASX

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2014 12:31am by XFullFatTim.)
06-11-2014 12:29am
cutter7

TESLA are opening a new store in Digbeth, Birmingham today.

The electric model S is getting reviews as being brilliant..

http://www.teslamotors.com/en_GB/models/walkthrough

(This post was last modified: 06-11-2014 01:40pm by cutter7.)
06-11-2014 01:34pm
XFullFatTim

They are also opening another one in Manchester shortly, no plans at the moment to come to God's Own Country though

06-11-2014 05:17pm
Firenze

Must admit I really like the Tesla too, I sat in an S at Goodwood last year and was really impressed and the range is so much better than any other ev.
Im currently pondering on wether to sell my Evoque and buy a cheap run around for a year or two with a view to getting a 3 as soon as they come out. The Evoques been great though and not had any problems but thought having some warranty left is a good selling point, so need to decide soon if I should sell.

Firenze Dynamic Si4, Pano roof, Verve, Ebony headliner, Black Strata, Privacy glass, Lux Pack - Enjoying since 7/3/12
07-11-2014 05:13pm
Donny Dog

(06-11-2014 05:17pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  They are also opening another one in Manchester shortly, no plans at the moment to come to God's Own Country though

I didn't know you lived in Yorkshire now! Wink
07-11-2014 09:44pm