Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Terrain response not working
Simc

Terrain response not working

Firstly hi to all, newbie here. Collected a dynamic 5door Orkney grey, black roof, Lux pack for the wife on Friday. Really enjoyed the first 100 miles in it but the terrain response lights are now not on and I cannot select any of the other settings. It did work on collection and for the first few drives. Can't find anything in the manual or online so now turning to the professionals here. I know I need to get it back to the supplying dealer but if it is a simple fuse or a button I have pushed that turns it off I would prefer to save the time. Any advise welcome. I hope to be an active forum member as I get to know the car more. Thanks once again.
21-10-2012 10:50pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: Terrain response not working

Welcome, When you say terrain response has no lights, I assume you mean the selector strip by the gear stick, I've never not had this light the standard road mode symbol on start up, so guess you've got an issue. Have you checked to see if there's any messages on the display between the dials, using the right hand steering wheel control and search menu, might have something useful if only to tell the dealer.

I guess it could be as simple as the connector to the selector strip has not been put on properly, so no lights, and you cant select anything!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
(This post was last modified: 21-10-2012 11:07pm by PhilSkill.)
21-10-2012 11:03pm
Simc

(21-10-2012 11:03pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  When you say terrain response has no lights, I assume you mean the selector strip by the gear stick, I've never not had this light the standard road mode symbol on start up, so guess you've got an issue. Have you checked to see if there's any messages on the display between the dials, using the right hand steering wheel control and search menu, might have something useful if only to tell the dealer.

Thanks for the reply. That is correct. No light on the strip at all. No messages at all on the dash. Car runs fine however.
21-10-2012 11:05pm
PhilSkill

Hopefully something simple like the connector, but sounds like a trip to the dealers will be required, let us know how you get on as this is the first instance of this I've seen here, so good to know what might cause this.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
21-10-2012 11:12pm
Simc

Will for sure post findings. Sod's law that it has happened to me, hope it is simple. The dealer I purchased from is a long way away. Presume I can go to any dealer to build up a service rapport. Any suggestions. Nearest to me are Chipperfield, stratstones burnham or lookers park royal. Anyone know who has the better service department?
Despite this problem which is niggling me, the evoque is more than I expected it to be. The wife is going to have to fight me for it!
21-10-2012 11:24pm
Bowl

I think it's just a loose connector. If the terrain response system is faulty, you should get a message on the display, right?

Evoque SD4 Coupé Dynamic, Fuji White, Santoriny Pano roof, Lux pack, RSE, style 8 wheels, along with everything else.
22-10-2012 05:12am
NightFox

Am I right that the light on the selector doesn't work and you can't change programme, but there's no indication of any actual fault on the display? If so it sounds like something really simple like a connection coming loose on the selector. Lookers Park Royal seem to get a lot of praise on here...

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Mauritius Blue ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Adaptive Xenons ~ Park Assist ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Powerfold Mirrors ~ Autodimming Mirror
Ordered 14/6/12 ~ Built 13/11/12 ~ Delivered 15/11/12 ~ Collected 20/11/12

[Image: 163643.png]
22-10-2012 11:46am
Simc

Thanks for the comments. Hope you are correct about it being the connector. Waiting for a call back from lookers as we speak. Will advise.
22-10-2012 01:23pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Is your HDC light coming on when the HDC button is pressed? If not then the problem could be with that as the TR
needs HDC to be working so it can operate.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
22-10-2012 01:34pm
Simc

Update- technician had a look and pushed all the buttons and could not get it lit. Told me I needed to book it in and thinks the connector is loose. Got back in and hey presto the light was on. Lasted 10 minutes and went off again. Fiddled with the buttons again and lit up again only to go out again, so does look like a loose connector. Need to now book it in to get the console off, hopefully plug in the connector properly and then I hope problem solved. HDC is operating properly.
22-10-2012 10:09pm