Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
what kind of coolant?
mega-auto

what kind of coolant?

what kind of coolant?
hi, i am new user from panama...
I just bought a 2.0l evoque but because of my bad luck, less than a week after buying it from the dealership, i hit a dog at 100mph and it died. I was sorry for the dog, but crap, my car was damaged...
with almost no visible damage, some scratches, some plastic mouldings came off and the bumper didnt break and the rear camera stopped working (not sure if because the front sensors cables came off or what... i will check after)

BUT it leaked all the coolant!!! all the reservoir empty but no visible damage.... i think is from the intercooler?? (maybe, not sure if leaks oil or coolant)
and today is saturday... so i need to wait till monday so the dealership can check it
until then, i want to make sure if any hose came off or what... so if i can repair it, i want to make sure that
i use the correct coolant... Is green, what kind is it?
i have some prestone 50/50 coolant dex-cool and valvoline maxlife coolant, it says it will work on any car... not sure...
(This post was last modified: 14-07-2013 02:52am by mega-auto.)
14-07-2013 01:45am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: what kind of coolant?

I cannot give you exact details as I am 6000 miles from mine, but the coolant requirements are listed in the owners manual. As you are in Panama, a place that tends to be quite warm, then you may find that it is a heavier duty normal coolant, but it should still be listed in the manual. If you don't have access to the hard copy then there are numerous links to TOPIX on the website and you can download the latest version from that website for free.
This link should take you to the online manual
http://topix.landrover.jlrext.com/topix/i18n/index
Page 216 of the online manual scroll down the page and it is there - 50% mix of Texaco antifreeze and water.

If you are only tracing for broken pipes etc then any kind of coolant will do so long as you do not drive the car or run it for a long period on the incorrect
spec - some coolant is better than no coolant! Even clean water would indicate that you have a break in a hose/ pipe - hitting a dog at 100mph I am a bit surprised that you didn't trigger the passive safety restraints and the pedestrian protection system too.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 14-07-2013 03:15am by XFullFatTim.)
14-07-2013 02:59am
Bruno787

Required coolant are the ones made by Texaco/Chevron/Caltex,---all the same company with different branding depending on which country you are in.

i forgot the exact name. i remember it was reddish.

15 Maserati Quattroporte GTS
11 Mini John Cooper Works
12 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic
(This post was last modified: 14-07-2013 02:30pm by Bruno787.)
14-07-2013 02:28pm
mega-auto

mine was green
Im still wainting for tomorrow... to see if my car can be repaired Sad
one of the radiador mount (a plastic one with a rubber inside broke) so the radiator is loopsided
14-07-2013 09:33pm
mega-auto

(14-07-2013 09:33pm)mega-auto Wrote:  mine was green
Im still wainting for tomorrow... to see if my car can be repaired Sad
one of the radiador mount (a plastic one with a rubber inside broke) so the radiator is loopsided

it seems that the fluid is green because the impact broke the radiator (orange fluid) and washing fluid (blue) and they mixed
i need to replace the radiator, intercooler, washing fluid reservoir and pump, and bumper... what a shitty day

can someone tell if i can buy the bumper painted?? mine is indus silver

(15-07-2013 08:23pm)mega-auto Wrote:  it seems that the fluid is green because the impact broke the radiator (orange fluid) and washing fluid (blue) and they mixed
i need to replace the radiator, intercooler, washing fluid reservoir and pump, and bumper... what a shitty day

can someone tell if i can buy the bumper painted?? mine is indus silver

and the transmision cooler seems to have damage....
can someone tell me what kind of oil it uses??

thans
(This post was last modified: 15-07-2013 08:56pm by mega-auto.)
15-07-2013 08:23pm