Tully

RE: TV RECEPTION

Apologies, if I was not clear .....
01-10-2013 10:00pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

The car is still in warranty so I think it's off to the dealer to see if there is a problem with the tuner as I got better reception in my car than I did in the house - until the digital retune that is!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
01-10-2013 10:04pm
Tully

I've been to the dealer 5 times ... they told me they can't fix it as it doesn't work i.e the digital reception is very poor when the car moves!.... I was wondering if anybody else had this problem.....I'm confused as my DAB is fine!
01-10-2013 10:11pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Have you tried a different dealership for a 2nd opinion? You can take the car to any European dealer for repairs not just the supplying dealer, and as many here know there are better dealerships than others. The other thing to try is to get our contacts at Land Rover Customer Service Mike/Liam or Pete involved as they have access to more technical back-up than any dealer's service department.
If you are going to contact them then I recommend doing it by PM rather a post in their section of the forum as they will want the VIN of your car, your full name and the name of the dealership that has attempted the fixes up to now

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2013 10:37pm by XFullFatTim.)
01-10-2013 10:32pm
RacingSnake

I agree with Tim, We've (well the wife has) watched entire programs on 60 mile journeys uninterrupted and with no loss of signal.
Lucky for me, that the commentary on 'come dine with me' is pretty good even without seeing the pictures Laughing

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
02-10-2013 01:27pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mpw

Just to add that this feature is excellent - transmission/signal reception notwithstanding. Travelling back from south of France earlier this year I drove for about 6 hours towards Calais and then asked the wife to take over for a couple of hours. After a refreshment stop she agreed and I sat in the passenger seat and tuned to French TV to watch the Champions League final. The picture, when receiving a good to strong signal was excellent and there was buffering and bits of static on-screen at other times. Meanwhile the wife continued driving and using the SatNav which only she could see (and I watched the football on the same screen and which only I could see). Overall it was fantastic to watch this game which would have otherwise been missed and while driving at 130 kph on a French autoroute.

It does work and very well.
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2013 02:33pm by mpw.)
02-10-2013 03:59pm
Tully

Thank you gents for the advice! I will try another different dealer...as I feel I am being fobbed off!

Tully
02-10-2013 07:36pm
Donny Dog

(02-10-2013 07:36pm)Tully Wrote:  Thank you gents for the advice! I will try another different dealer...as I feel I am being fobbed off!

Tully

I've just caught up with this topic again. Whilst my dual screen works fine, as I said, I too have reception problems (I live in a rural area, so maybe the signal is not great). One regular five-mile journey I do as a passenger (coming home from the pub!) affords me virtually no reception most of the time. (You mention DAB working, but that's irrelevant as it's on an entirely different frequency).
02-10-2013 08:55pm
spud218

TV RECEPTION

I have the same problem with tv, cuts off loads unless crawling and even then not too good. Is fine stationery. And im understanding the thread, im not talking about the dual view aspect, im talking reception Sad dissapointing ! Is it true reception can be improved then? I dont live out in the sticks.
08-11-2014 03:21pm
RacingSnake

(08-11-2014 03:21pm)spud218 Wrote:  I have the same problem with tv, cuts off loads unless crawling and even then not too good. Is fine stationery. And im understanding the thread, im not talking about the dual view aspect, im talking reception Sad dissapointing ! Is it true reception can be improved then? I dont live out in the sticks.
So you're not talking about the fact that it is designed to cut out at anything other than a crawl (except for dual view units)??

And you're definitely talking reception? and your software is al up to date? etc etc

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
08-11-2014 08:02pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply