Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Suddenly can't change my order?
Jvjf

Suddenly can't change my order?

Hi - long time reader, first post.

A while ago my dealer forwarded me a copy of my build sheet which showed 20 August as be the 'Last date of order change' for delivery 24 October. Following a link on these forums to some evoque accessories I saw the gloss black alloys.

I contacted me dealer and asked him to remove my up-specced alloys so I could add these but he says my order is now locked! Anyone else had this? Can I check if he's telling the truth?

Also, why are we being told about these accessories? And why aren't the gloss black alloys available in the configurator?
14-07-2011 09:02am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Charlie
No Longer Registered

RE: Suddenly can't change my order?

Hi and welcome

I think the Evoque ordering has been difficult in so much as information from LR and dealers has come through very slowly before ordering along with the paint issues. Therefore as we've seen cars in the flesh, seen videos and discussed thing on the forum it's likely we want to add/change things.

Can't understand why LR are giving customers a last date to change if dealers are not willing to do this.

Another message for the dealer thread maybe?

I have a similar order date to you and maybe a similar dealer looking at your location and I must admit a change to my order a month ago wasn't that straight forward!

With regards to accessories, are they not things you can ONLY order online/via a dealer rather than factory fit? In which case they wouldn't appear on the configurator.
14-07-2011 09:17am
Blackseries

I have a build date of late October. Went to see my dealer yesterday to ask about changes .... originally I was told that I could change up to six weeks before the build date ie late August / early September for definitive specs. However yesterday I was told I have 10 days before lockdown. I had hoped to have driven the car before final specs had to be chosen - but my Unleashed day was cancelled (would have been next week which would have been ideal) and now added to that I have to make a decision much earlier than planned. If anyone is thinking they have plenty of time to change things I would check – because it now looks like that's not the case.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
14-07-2011 10:30am
Jvjf

Sorry - to be clear about my first post; I had paid around £1k to upgrade to sparkle alloys but wanted to take them off my order so I could spend that £1k on the dealer-fit black alloys.

So why aren't they available via the config already? Why be dealer fit?

And to correct a mistake in my first post - why AREN'T we told about these accessories?
14-07-2011 01:34pm
vinda

Same situation for me. Was told could change up to 6 weeks before the date. But a few weeks ago was told no changes. Really pissed off
14-07-2011 03:38pm
cjfp

jvjf - go for the hardline - "you gave me these dates and that's what we all signed up to - let me change or I cancel". Also let him know why you want to do it, he might actually make more money out of your revised choice.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
14-07-2011 05:47pm
Wicksy

Any links to these black gloss alloys? Are they available as 20in. rims and how much do they cost? I think an RRE in white would suit these nicelyCool
(This post was last modified: 14-07-2011 07:46pm by Wicksy.)
14-07-2011 07:45pm
cjfp

check out the accessories thread with link to accessories webpage and go into external wheels

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
14-07-2011 07:56pm
Wicksy

(14-07-2011 07:56pm)cjfp Wrote:  check out the accessories thread with link to accessories webpage and go into external wheels
Thanks for thatWink
14-07-2011 08:04pm
cjfp

(they're quite expensive - sure you could get v similar cheaper from non-LR locations)

14-07-2011 08:11pm