Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Stratstone Land Rover, Edinburgh is closing 30th November 2011
ddz6006

Stratstone Land Rover, Edinburgh is closing 30th November 2011

Just to let you know the dealership is closing on the 30th November 2011 so if your order is with them like mine it will be delivered from Perth as far as I know.

I do not work for Statstone Land Rover!!!
02-11-2011 08:51pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Iain S

RE: Stratstone Land Rover, Edinburgh is closing 30th November 2011

(02-11-2011 08:51pm)ddz6006 Wrote:  Just to let you know the dealership is closing on the 30th November 2011 so if your order is with them like mine it will be delivered from Perth as far as I know.

I do not work for Statstone Land Rover!!!

A friend of mine who has a car on order with them has been told it will be delivered via their Jaguar dealership on Glasgow Road, Edinburgh.

Arrived: Dynamic Si4 Coupe Firenze Red/Narvik Black
Arrived: Dynamic Plus Sd4 5 Door Fuji White
02-11-2011 09:23pm
mark_n

Doesn't sound like anyone is mourning the loss of this dealership. Perhaps they plumb the same dismal depths of customer service as the rest of their colleagues.

If Stratstone as a whole gave up the LR franchise, that would be reason to celebrate. Their replacement could hardly be worse.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
05-11-2011 07:34am
GeordieBoy

(05-11-2011 07:34am)mark_n Wrote:  Doesn't sound like anyone is mourning the loss of this dealership. Perhaps they plumb the same dismal depths of customer service as the rest of their colleagues.

If Stratstone as a whole gave up the LR franchise, that would be reason to celebrate. Their replacement could hardly be worse.

That's one rather large brush to tar everyone with? You've had a poor service by perhaps one, maybe two branches, so everyone is the same?
05-11-2011 08:42am
mark_n

I look forward to reading the testimonials from those who think Stratstone are great and my experience is unrepresentative. Until that Happy Day, it's a bit like swatting flies - there's alot of them but each one which goes down is progress.

Mark

05-11-2011 08:58am
bogstomper

Mark - forgive me, but your comments are a little hard to read - I don't know your experience but in mine Stratstone Edinburgh, especially the senior guys, have tried to maintain focus and performance in spite of firstly knowing they're losing their franchise and latterly knowing the dealership will close. Has my experience been perfection? No, but I've never experienced that with any dealership and in the last 5 years I've owned Mercedes, BMW and Audi. But they've tried and tried hard to fix things when they have gone wrong. At the end of the day there are real people who will lose their jobs here and I for one think they deserve our compassion.
05-11-2011 11:21am
mark_n

Compassion? Hardly...

They've made their bed and must now lie in it. Presumably, the franchise is ending for a reason and if they were a top performer and top rated in terms of sales and customer service ratings, they wouldn't be in the firing line.

Mark

(This post was last modified: 05-11-2011 01:49pm by mark_n.)
05-11-2011 01:47pm
GeordieBoy

(05-11-2011 08:58am)mark_n Wrote:  I look forward to reading the testimonials from those who think Stratstone are great and my experience is unrepresentative. Until that Happy Day, it's a bit like swatting flies - there's alot of them but each one which goes down is progress.

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-LR-s-Dama...5#pid19025

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-LR-s-Dama...9#pid19019

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Refreshing-Information

Thanks
05-11-2011 09:03pm
mark_n

It does appear that you return calls which I agree is a step in the right direction. I assume you also organised people to go on the driving events, invited them in good time to the dealer launch and provided test drives on request. None of which my dealer has done. I've barely sat in the car, still less driven one.

Mark

06-11-2011 07:11am
ED209

(06-11-2011 07:11am)mark_n Wrote:  It does appear that you return calls which I agree is a step in the right direction. I assume you also organised people to go on the driving events, invited them in good time to the dealer launch and provided test drives on request. None of which my dealer has done. I've barely sat in the car, still less driven one.

That doesnt sound good at all, i think i woulkd be down there "remonstrating"
06-11-2011 07:56am