Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Stratstone Cupar
tetstb

RE: Stratstone Cupar

Well, had the call back from Stratstones on Friday to say they had replaced the suspected seals etc but there was still a rattle which they found during the road test before returning the car. To their credit, they rang me to let me know that after 4 days I wouldn't be getting my car back and that they would need to keep it for another few days.

They gave me a 59 plate FL2 XS TD4e which at 37K miles is totally rattle free and seems somewhat more spritely than my SD 4 !

Its not funny anymore !

Cheers

Bob

SD4 Auto Dynamic OG , Verve, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Shadow, 825w audio, Park Assist, Privacy Glass.

[Image: 123130.png]
27-02-2012 01:15am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tetstb

Incompetence is a strong word but I feel I have no other choice.

They have had my car for a total of 20 days now trying to fix the rattles that one person says they can't find, another says they've fixed and another says they can hear but can't locate.

Now when I close my rear drivers door its like closing the door of a 1970s Cortina, there is now a rattle from within that door and the original rattle is still there. They had the car for 3 days earlier this week and I've been assured it was all fixed. Fixed my ar$e !

I am going to complain officially to Land Rover again as I have given up on Stratstones ability to either fix it or realise that I am actually a customer.

They won't be getting a penny of my money again and if I can persuade Lex to reject it then I will be heading for my nearest German dealer.

Cheers

Bob

SD4 Auto Dynamic OG , Verve, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Shadow, 825w audio, Park Assist, Privacy Glass.

(This post was last modified: 15-04-2012 12:47am by tetstb.)
14-04-2012 03:55pm
J77

Have you tried another dealer to see what they come up with?

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
14-04-2012 10:53pm
tetstb

(14-04-2012 10:53pm)J77 Wrote:  Have you tried another dealer to see what they come up with?

My complaint at Land Rover said if I intend to have the vehicle rejected, I must give the supplying dealer every opportunity to repair the fault. It has really put me off what should be a lovely car, after all I waited 7 months for it !

Cheers

Bob

15-04-2012 12:47am
J77

How long do LR suggest you keep taking the car back before they admit that the dealer has had enough opportunities to fix it.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
15-04-2012 02:29pm
tetstb

They didn't , just said the dealer must initiate the reject process and will only do so when they feel they have exhausted their attempts to fix the fault.

As they have had 5 attempts I think enough is enough.

Cheers

Bob

15-04-2012 02:31pm
mark_n

I more than agree. 5 attempts is 4 too many.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
15-04-2012 11:28pm
tetstb

Going to Morrisons in Stirling on Friday so lets see what they are like.

Cheers

Bob

23-04-2012 05:38pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Having had all my cars since 1996 serviced by them and from 1998 until 2007 purchased all my Land Rovers from them I consider their service side to be pretty good. They are also my "local" dealership 20 minutes away from home.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
23-04-2012 06:59pm
tetstb

I hope you're right mate as I am hoping that I can fall in love with my Evoque all over again once they've fixed it. My Mrs kerbed one of my wheels last weekend so I need to see how much that is going to cost as well. Fingers crossed I can get the problems fixed as I am planning a road trip across Europe in August and I'd love to do it in the RRE. I'll mention your name when I take it in Tim, might get you some goodwill .

I don't know why I didn't buy it from them in the first place as I am a Stirling lad even though I currently live in Fife. Lesson learned I guess.

She will proudly wear the babyrr.com sticker anyway !

Cheers

Bob

23-04-2012 07:04pm