Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Stratstone Cupar
tetstb

Stratstone Cupar

Ordered my Dynamic in June, late delivery and usual delays was eventually delivered 13th Jan.

Got a hamper at Christmas as a sweetener for delays but no Off Road voucher and had to threaten to cancel before I got a loan car.

Since delivery I've had a few problems with poor trim and annoying rattles and so far they have made two attempts to replace the trim but for some reason its the wrong trim that keeps arriving.

All in all I am not impressed with them at all, actually I am not impressed with the whole experience of parting with the best part of £44K and I wish I had stuck with something German.

Having had the car for a month now I am somewhat underwhelmed and it certainly isn't a Range Rover, if anything I'd say it was a slightly posh Freelander and some of the materials
used are shockingly cheap. The plastics used on the centre console for example are poorer quality than the 2011 Honda C-RV I bought as a stop-gap.

I know its a looker and the design is fab but I wish I had gone for an X3 or X5 now.

I fear this is the start of things to come !

Cheers

Bob

SD4 Auto Dynamic OG , Verve, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Shadow, 825w audio, Park Assist, Privacy Glass.

[Image: 123130.png]
(This post was last modified: 14-02-2012 02:44pm by tetstb.)
14-02-2012 11:50am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
xxxx5

RE: Stratstone Cupar

Sorry to hear about your problems. I got to agree with your points reference a BMW, I am missing the build quality, and dealer service.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
14-02-2012 11:34pm
Evoquative

Hmmmm getting worried now - I've got one on order and was hoping from a different dealer experience from the very poor and expensive BMW ones I have had over the past few years.....

Now a very happy owner of a Dynamic Si4 Firenze 5dr, black roof with lux & plus packs, black alloys, heated steering wheel, privacy, homelink & spare wheel.Very Happy
15-02-2012 12:09am
tetstb

I'm totally gutted with my experience so far to the point that it has put me off the car.

One thing is for sure is that the engine choice is wrong and the pairing with engine and gearbox is terrible. It needs the new 8 speed box as i am finding that mine is really struggling low end and at around 35/40 it really feels rough and I find myself flipping into sport or changing manually.

I am not amused so far and I'm worried about the long term prospects.

Cheers

Bob

SD4 Auto Dynamic OG , Verve, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Shadow, 825w audio, Park Assist, Privacy Glass.

15-02-2012 08:34pm
vinny

Hi Bob,do you think the problems are really the dealers fault apart from maybe the loan car issue?.Did you not get the experience voucher at the launch night if you attended?
The guys at Cupar are on the whole pretty good really and apart from the odd mix up here and there have always tried their best to help (in my experience anyway).
The comments regarding the 6 speed auto are spot on which is the reason I went down the manual route,if the 8 speed auto becomes available that will possibly be my next move,the loss in economy,higher tax group and the initial extra cost could not justify the auto for me at the time of order (hope 8 speed will even these issues out when it comes)
All the best,hope to bump into you at the dealer sometime

My order- fuji white sd4 manual coupe,tech pack,xenons,style 6 20's,pano roof,privacy,front fogs,rear camera,folding mirrors,ebony int/ivory headliner,dec delivery.(still waiting!) Collected 14/01/2012
NOW SOLD as of 26/07/14 Very Happy
Now driving Audi SQ5, everything the Evoque should of been.
(This post was last modified: 15-02-2012 09:40pm by vinny.)
15-02-2012 09:38pm
tetstb

I'm not blaming the dealer for all of the issues but their attempt to resolve the trim issue have been a bit comedic. I've had to moan and complain to get anything and sure they did give me a loan car but only after I said I was going to cancel.

I'm not at all impressed with the whole experience and there is no way the current car is a finished article and is not in my opinion worth the money. In the last 8 years I've had Germans from merc to BMW and Audi and the build quality is far and beyond the Evoque and it does concern me that it will be a bag of bolts in a couple of years time.

Cheers

Bob

(This post was last modified: 15-02-2012 10:18pm by tetstb.)
15-02-2012 10:17pm
tetstb

I'm not blaming the dealer for all of the issues but their attempt to resolve the trim issue have been a bit comedic with wrong parts arriving and wrong parts being ordered. I've had to moan and complain to get anything and sure they did give me a loan car but only after I said I was going to cancel. To be fair, Trevor has always been easy to deal with , I think its just misplaced badge snobbery by JLR that
is causing most of the feel-bad issues.

I'm not at all impressed with the whole experience and there is no way the current car is a finished article and is not in my opinion worth the money. In the last 8 years I've had Germans from merc to BMW and Audi and the build quality is far and beyond the Evoque and it does concern me that it will be a bag of bolts in a couple of years time.

Cheers

Bob

(This post was last modified: 16-02-2012 07:52am by tetstb.)
16-02-2012 05:43am
vinny

Know what you mean bob suppose I am lucky in as much as I haven't had to take it back for anything yet!Its only at times like that when you find out if your dealer is worth their salt.cheers and good luck with the parts

My order- fuji white sd4 manual coupe,tech pack,xenons,style 6 20's,pano roof,privacy,front fogs,rear camera,folding mirrors,ebony int/ivory headliner,dec delivery.(still waiting!) Collected 14/01/2012
NOW SOLD as of 26/07/14 Very Happy
Now driving Audi SQ5, everything the Evoque should of been.
16-02-2012 10:26pm
J77

Must be a different dealer I go to, always get 100% service from theses guys. Only had one problem with my land rovers and that was a D3, had to get a whole new engine. Loan car supplied no problem, also one of my freelanders had a rattle and it was fixed first time. So far the evoque is rock solid no rattles or knocks. I would go as far to say its the best of the lot for build quality. What I do find interesting is that all these people say that BMW,Audi etc are far superior in build quality and yet you by from a company that has for the last 10-15yrs been bottom of the customer satisfaction surveys and poor reliability that has been well documented.

Hopefully you get your car fixed and you can start to enjoy it.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
17-02-2012 10:42pm
tetstb

Well the car came back after their latest attempt to cure the rattle and guess what ?

Yes , it still rattles in exactly the same way.

No alternative but to complain to Land Rover 1st thing Monday.

Cheers

Bob

18-02-2012 06:48pm