Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Storm Damage - Help!
Samson

Storm Damage - Help!

Had the misfortune Crying to have some roof tiles fly off the roof and land on my Evoque! Definite damage I can see is to the windscreen - shattered and panoramic roof - shattered! Just checked and also noticed damage to the front passenger door.

House insurance or car insurance? I suspect the latter. Sad

Land Rover recovery vehicle on its way...

Arrived: Prestige SD4 Auto 5-Door, Barolo Black, Couture Interior, Style 5 Wheels, Lux Pack, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Cornering Headlights w/ Auto Levelling, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Space Saver Spare Wheel, TPM System, Mud Flaps
(This post was last modified: 28-10-2013 08:16am by Samson.)
28-10-2013 08:05am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

RE: Storm Damage - Help!

House insurance (preferably next door's! )

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
28-10-2013 08:42am
Donny Dog

This happened to me about thirty years ago, and both insurers claimed it was the other's responsibility, so both denied liability!
(This post was last modified: 28-10-2013 10:30am by Donny Dog.)
28-10-2013 10:28am
recordman

Very sorry to hear of your damage Samson, please do tell us about the insurance outcome as well as your satisfaction, or otherwise with the repairs.

2013 SD4 Prestige auto/5dr/OG/Fuji pano roof
28-10-2013 01:42pm
PhilSkill

Ouch that's bad luck! Hadn't considered items dropping off the roof for this Storm (or slightly more windy then usual day here in Oxfordshire) Good luck with the Insurance and repairs.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
28-10-2013 02:39pm
HeartbreakRidge

(28-10-2013 08:05am)Samson Wrote:  Had the misfortune Crying to have some roof tiles fly off the roof and land on my Evoque!

oof! sorry to hear about that. Must be heavy tiles, like slate or something?

MY2014 Pure Plus, Firenze Red, Lunar/Cirrus interior, Climate Care & Vision Assist packages
Built: March 10, 2014 / Delivery Date (three weeks early!): March 26, 2014
28-10-2013 03:12pm
Samson

Thanks for your support. Yes slate tiles flew off the roof ridges this morning at 6.30am. Landed on the roof and windscreen, bonnet and also hit both front and possible rear doors as well (as well as smashing next door neighbours window).

LR Recovery has taken the car to my dealers body shop. Awaiting inspection.

Insurance will not provide courtesy car as I chose to go to dealer's body shop instead of one of their approved. When I asked about the smashed panoramic roof - they said that their approved body shop would have to subcontract that out to the dealership any way so better off with the dealership body shop but still they would not provide a courtesy car!

Lookers Park Royal don't have anything themselves for three weeks and their body shop might have a courtesy car for me in a weeks time Sad. So working from home for this week at least!

Arrived: Prestige SD4 Auto 5-Door, Barolo Black, Couture Interior, Style 5 Wheels, Lux Pack, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Cornering Headlights w/ Auto Levelling, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Space Saver Spare Wheel, TPM System, Mud Flaps
28-10-2013 03:51pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Sorry to read about the storm damage - I'm in South East Denmark and this afternoon it has been awful - no rain but very very strong winds. All the ferries are off here on the Danish east coast, the railways shutdown and the major bridges all closed - this morning when I went into the company offices here the gardens were covered in fallen leaves............. no sign of a single leave now, they've all become somebody else's downwind of us! Have seen a few trees down but we haven't had any power cuts (yet).

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 28-10-2013 07:29pm by XFullFatTim.)
28-10-2013 07:29pm
1stRangie

We had our Civic damaged by next doors mortar coming away in strong winds. Saga insurance (who insured our neighbour) claimed 'Act of God' and refused to pay out, she was livid with them when they told her... We went halves on the small amount of damage in the end rather than involve the insurance companies. They are quick to take money, slow to give any back.
I hope the repairs are done to your satisfaction and very speedily if they won't provide a courtesy car.

MY2016 Dynamic HSE four door, Yulong White and a few selected additions. Gone but never forgotten; Dynamic SD4 Coupe, Fuji White...
28-10-2013 10:21pm
Samson

Update: received a courtesy Mini Cooper last Thursday from the body shop. Feels strange driving low down and in a small car after the Evoque. But good to be mobile again. Insurance approved and repairs should begin tomorrow - estimated 3-4 weeks at a cost of £5500! Shocked

Hate to think what its going to do my premium which is due for renewal end of this month! Confused

03-11-2013 05:50pm