Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Stone Chip
Maarten

Stone Chip

This morning a ‘little’ stone coming from a truck created a stone chip with a crack of 10 cm on the passenger side of the front windscreen of my RRE. The crack is growing per 10 km's.
The good news is that all replacement costs will be covered by my insurance.
The other news is that O’Brien car glass repair has no generic RRE window. So they will replace my damaged windscreen with an original RR windscreen. The problem at this moment is: ‘where to find and get this windscreen’. They are checking with LR Australia.
Please let me know if anybody knows where to get one. I don’t want to wait two months for the shipment from the UK, driving around with a big crack in my windscreen.
Just received a phonecall from O'Brien. The windscreen has to come from the UK. He expect that it will be here within 3-4 weeks. Would that be possible. It took 2 months to get my car to Australia...

Evoque Prestige | Build: 16 Feb 2012 | Delivered: 23 April 2012
Auto | SD4 | 5 door | Fuji white | Spirit interior | Prestige tech pack | Adaptive dynamics | Panoramic roof | 20" Style 6 wheels Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2012 06:09am by Maarten.)
10-08-2012 05:14am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

RE: Stone Chip

(10-08-2012 05:14am)Maarten Wrote:  This morning a ‘little’ stone coming from a truck created a stone chip with a crack of 10 cm on the passenger side of the front windscreen of my RRE. The crack is growing per 10 km's.
The good news is that all replacement costs will be covered by my insurance.
The other news is that O’Brien car glass repair has no generic RRE window. So they will replace my damaged windscreen with an original RR windscreen. The problem at this moment is: ‘where to find and get this windscreen’. They are checking with LR Australia.
Please let me know if anybody knows where to get one. I don’t want to wait two months for the shipment from the UK, driving around with a big crack in my windscreen.
Just received a phonecall from O'Brien. The windscreen has to come from the UK. He expect that it will be here within 3-4 weeks. Would that be possible. It took 2 months to get my car to Australia...

UPS/DHL etc could probably get it to you in a day or two at considerable cost. I find it difficult to believe that LR Australia don't have parts like winscreens for a production model already in country.

Have you tried calling LR Australia or a couple of dealers yourself?
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2012 10:02am by WB.)
10-08-2012 10:01am
Maarten

Stone Chip

Contacted my Brisbane dealer and will have a chat with them tomorrow or Monday and will call LR Australia. Hopefully I can find a quicker solution.

Auto | SD4 | 5 door | Fuji white | Spirit interior | Prestige tech pack | Adaptive dynamics | Panoramic roof | 20" Style 6 wheels Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2012 10:26am by Maarten.)
10-08-2012 10:24am
DefLeppard

Come on LR Australia - is it too much to ask that you have 1 evoque windscreen in stock somewhere in australia!
I was wondering this exact thing myself, as i tend to get broken windscreens pretty often with all my country driving.

SD4 Pure, Auto, 5 dr, Mauritius Blue, Pure Tech Pack, Reversing Camera, Front parking aid, Heated seats, Sat Nav, mud flaps. after market tint.

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjyQDpCj
10-08-2012 10:50am
Maarten

(10-08-2012 10:50am)DefLeppard Wrote:  Come on LR Australia - is it too much to ask that you have 1 evoque windscreen in stock somewhere in australia!
I was wondering this exact thing myself, as i tend to get broken windscreens pretty often with all my country driving.

I have to recommend my Brisbane RR dealer. They located 7 windscreens for me in melbourne, ready to be dispatched to my repairer.
Have to call tomorrow morning my local O'Brien repairer in Bundaberg because the local repairer is responsible to source is own stock. Hopefully that will go smoothly and I have a new windscreen next week.

10-08-2012 11:00am
WB
WB

(10-08-2012 11:00am)Maarten Wrote:  I have to recommend my Brisbane RR dealer. They located 7 windscreens for me in melbourne, ready to be dispatched to my repairer.
Have to call tomorrow morning my local O'Brien repairer in Bundaberg because the local repairer is responsible to source is own stock. Hopefully that will go smoothly and I have a new windscreen next week.

Good news!
10-08-2012 11:06am
BA74

Any idea on replacement cost?
Bit nervous about this with Solar Attenuating glass etc.
Thinking of taking up the windscreen option on my insurance!

Gone - Range Rover Evoque - Si4 Pure - 5 Door Fuji White
10-08-2012 10:27pm
Maarten

Stone Chip

BA74, I will let you know the costs as soon as I know. I am happy that I took that insurance. I never had one before and based on the terrible road conditions here in Regional Queensland and even on our Bruce 'Highway' I am happy I did.
I could only get this glass insurance at the start of my (RACQ) car insurance. It is not possible to get one afterwards. Maybe that is different in other countries or other insurance companies, but better check it before it is too late.

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2012 01:04am by Maarten.)
11-08-2012 01:03am
Maarten

Stone Chip

O'Brien Bundaberg replaced my windscreen today. Thanks to Paul James of Austral Brisbane I was able to get a replacement screen in just a few days. I am so happy I took the glass insurance with RACQ. It saved me somewhere between 2000 and 2500 AUD. I advise everyone to consider this extra premium for the glass. It can save you a lot of money.

16-08-2012 05:56am
sethor

Was the replacement windscreen they located geniune or generic?

Fuji White Dynamic Si4
16-08-2012 06:36am