Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Still cannot decide...
J77

RE: Still cannot decide...

For me it's the pure/prestige as these two are almost identical to LRX concept with the pure being more so, not that the dynamic isn't a nice looking car.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
02-10-2011 06:49pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
crown62

The Dynamic is the only one for me, it's that bit more of the sport and style in it for me.
I just don't really like the prestige or pure.

We all see it differently Very Happy

Current : 2012 Si4 Firenze red Dynamic 5 door black pano roof
Lotus 2013 Elise S3
2014 Hyundai i10
For 2016 ?
02-10-2011 08:56pm
vinny

Yes I want Fuji White with Pano and Privacy but my business partner is going for black with Privacy.
The other reason I asked this question is because yesterday I walked straight past a black Pure in a car park, didnt even notice itConfused It was the kids that pointed it out.
[/quote]

I did exactly the same in edinburgh today,I was driving along slowly beside parked cars and my workmate said "isnt that one of those evoques you are getting?"I said "where?"it was right at my side and had been for the last 20 seconds or so.
It was a black prestige without privacy and the 19'' spokey wheels it blended into everything else parked along side of it.

My order- fuji white sd4 manual coupe,tech pack,xenons,style 6 20's,pano roof,privacy,front fogs,rear camera,folding mirrors,ebony int/ivory headliner,dec delivery.(still waiting!) Collected 14/01/2012
NOW SOLD as of 26/07/14 Very Happy
Now driving Audi SQ5, everything the Evoque should of been.
03-10-2011 09:19pm
paulelescoces

I was quite sure I prefered the Dynamic exterior.... but now after seeing (both Dynamic & Prestige) I have actually decided I prefer the prestige more... the black bodywork gives it more of a 4x4 look and makes it look like it has higher ground clearance.
I think what makes/brakes either of the models is some nice wheels.... in my local dealer they had a Pure with some nice 20" aftermarket rims which looked fantastic.

Delivered: SD4 Prestige Auto 5 Door, Fuji White with Vibe interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Electric Tailgate, Winter Pack, Adaptive Xenons, Roofrails...
03-10-2011 09:33pm
j7david

I reckon a Pure with the Dynamic exhausts and the 3-door chunky plastic side bits at the base of the doors (that the 5-door for some reason doesn't have) would look best. In white.

Or a white Dynamic with the Pure's grey trim, although I do like the grey plastic under the doors for some weird reason.
03-10-2011 10:12pm
DynamicRRV

(03-10-2011 10:12pm)j7david Wrote:  I reckon a Pure with the Dynamic exhausts and the 3-door chunky plastic side bits at the base of the doors (that the 5-door for some reason doesn't have) would look best. In white.

Or a white Dynamic with the Pure's grey trim, although I do like the grey plastic under the doors for some weird reason.

All those bits you mention are the bits I hate about the Pure/Prestige,the nasty big black bits and chrome strips look so naff IMHO.
03-10-2011 11:17pm
Rootsboy

(03-10-2011 09:33pm)paulelescoces Wrote:  I was quite sure I prefered the Dynamic exterior.... but now after seeing (both Dynamic & Prestige) I have actually decided I prefer the prestige more... the black bodywork gives it more of a 4x4 look and makes it look like it has higher ground clearance.
I think what makes/brakes either of the models is some nice wheels.... in my local dealer they had a Pure with some nice 20" aftermarket rims which looked fantastic.

i just got back from my dealers with a view to possibly changing from Prestige to Dynamic. but now i have seen them side by side the interior of the prestige totally does if for me, where the Dynamic does not.
i think it was the dot pattern all over the aluminum fixings that put me off. in some way i preferred the pure interior.
and even though i like the look of the Dynamic from the front and back, i do prefer the look of the Prestige from the side, and my girlfriend also mentioned that its looks more like a Chunky 4X4 from this view.
so thats it sticking with my order and happy with it, just roll on the first week of december now.

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
04-10-2011 12:16pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Rootsboy, the textured Aluminium of the Dynamic can be changed for the NCO of either brushed Aluminium or the Gloss black IP finisher, you don't have to have the Textured finish

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
04-10-2011 12:30pm
Rootsboy

(04-10-2011 12:30pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Rootsboy, the textured Aluminium of the Dynamic can be changed for the NCO of either brushed Aluminium or the Gloss black IP finisher, you don't have to have the Textured finish

oh! your right, i think i am in a bottomless pit of over information about this car that i now forget the obvious Embarrassed

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
04-10-2011 12:47pm
dbon

Hi Rootsboy, I would love to see both models side by side. Where is your dealer located in Spain?
04-10-2011 01:18pm