Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Stereo isn't working?
jbob

Stereo isn't working?

Hi,

My stereo has stopped working Sad

Last night I got into the car, reversed and the camera came on ok. When I drove away it didn't change back to the stereo, just a black screen. Nothing I did (turning car on and off, holding the stereo power button etc) would bring the stereo back on.

This morning it briefly came on for a few seconds before going to the black screen.

I called Land Rover this morning and they can't book me in for another week (really?!) to even take a look.

No music on my journeys sucks. Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks,
Neil
25-02-2014 09:33am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RacingSnake

RE: Stereo isn't working?

Odd, and I'm not being deliberately condescending Neutral but there is a separate 'off' button which just turns the radio screen off... thats not pushed is it?!

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
25-02-2014 11:30am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jbob

No, I wish it was that simple =)

It's like the stereo is dead. Phone doesn't pair. Voice controls on the steering wheel don't work etc.

I think it's battery related. If I turn just the ignition on it says the entertainment system will shut down in 3 minutes due to low battery.

Do I just take it for a run with all electrics off do you think?
(This post was last modified: 25-02-2014 02:23pm by jbob.)
25-02-2014 02:14pm
cjfp

I think a couple of people on here have had similar and I know there are Topix items (unfortunately I cannot drill into the detail) about blank screens. Unfortunately I would say its a back to the dealer item.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
25-02-2014 02:49pm
Stadt Panzer

Stereo isn't working?

Try disconnecting the batt for a few minutes and then reconnect it (hard reset). Could cure the problem but it sounds as if you need a replacement batt.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
25-02-2014 06:57pm
jbob

Would that be covered under warranty? Surely it should last more than 2 years?!
25-02-2014 07:31pm
m_101

Yeah definitely covered under warranty mate! I'm going to need to chase them about mine as it seems to intermittently not recognise the subwoofer which is weird but then works when I adjust the levels.

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
25-02-2014 10:16pm
jbob

Stereo isn't working?

Things get stranger. Today the car was completely flat Sad

LR assist came out and got it going again.

Battery was down to 5v Sad

After boosting it to get it started the battery tested fine, and it was charging fine too.

Hmm?

He did some software updates so who knows, maybe that will fix it.
27-02-2014 09:49pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Did he get the radio back with the recharged battery? For some reason the audio system in Evoque is one of the biggest power consumers in the car's electronics and I wonder if the audio not switching on was a way that the car conserves electricity when the battery is getting low on charge. Did the LRA guy also change your battery? I ask because if your battery has been flattened in an Evoque there's a very good chance that it will be flat again in the next 2-3 weeks. You also should ask the LRA to recover the car to a dealer so they can fit one of the heavier duty Absorbed Glass type batteries that seemed to cure all my battery problems

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 02-03-2014 03:48am by XFullFatTim.)
02-03-2014 03:47am
jbob

Stereo isn't working?

Yes after he charged the battery on the drive (just enough to get it going I assume, he was only with me 45 mins).

The sequence of events for me were:

A week last Wednesday sat nav resets itself back to Belgium.

Last Monday the stereo stopped turning on.

Last Thursday it wouldn't start at all and the battery was down to 5 volts.

Without a doubt it shut down the audio system to preserve battery.

It's working again now, but if I turn the ignition on and not the engine it whinges that the entertainment system will shut down in 3 minutes.

Thinking about it, it's always done this from the day I've owned it (4 months).

The car has done 45k miles.

Maybe it just needs an upgraded battery??

It's booked in on Tuesday at LR. What do I need to say to get them to change the battery out? I'm assuming they'll just say everything is ok now?
02-03-2014 10:23pm