Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4 Average
Steering problem update
woodhouse

RE: Steering problem update

(07-12-2011 09:14pm)lrdaft Wrote:  Strange that I have not noticed it until now ,currently 1100 miles and only 1 degree outside,will try it again at weekend then phone the dealer
Woodhouse is yours now cured?

Mine is perfect now.
08-12-2011 08:43pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bluebear

Thought I would give an update. My situation was identical to woodhouse's and after great support from my dealer, LR replaced the steering rack. Got it back on Thursday night and immediately I could tell the difference, even on short runs but the acid test would be a longer run. Just completed a 130 mile trip which I do weekly and previously it was quite frankly, scarey.

Well now it was fun and sure footed, no twitching, no solid steering. I can now get on and start enjoying my car, something I wasn't doing. Just delighted!

Collected - Pure Coupe SD4 Tech Auto, fuji with Almond/Expresso interior. Style 5 19" alloys, panoramic roof, xenons, privacy glass, electric adjustment exterior mirrors, rear camera, park assist, fog lamps, spare wheel
11-12-2011 10:32pm
neil-c

Not seen this issue mentioned but went out in the car today and at various times when stationary the power steering seemed to stop working, once I pick up a few mph it works again but it was impossible to park and had to return home. LR assist just been out and could not replicate the fault. Will have to keep an eye on this, very disconcerting. Anyone else had this?

Pure SD4 5 door | Orkney Grey | Style 4 alloys | Tech Pack | Panoramic Roof | Privacy Glass | Xenons
12-12-2011 02:31pm
CRC@LandRover

neil-c,

I'm from the Land Rover CRC.

I tried to send you a private message for further information but I'm unable to do so. If you would like to discuss your concerns further please send me a message with your details and I'll be happy to contact you.

Kind Regards

Nick

Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.
03-01-2012 02:38pm
mk82

We went for a longer trip. And what happend after driving one hour faster then 110 km/h? Yes, steering got harder and harder. Just a few second under 70 km/h and (abrupt) it works fine again.

Waiting for call by the garage to obtain an appointment..

PURE 5dr SD4 Auto, Fuji - Almond/Espresso, rear cam, front-pdc, techp., navi, seatheating, xenon package without xenon

STUUUUNNNNNNNIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGGG!!!! Thud
23-01-2012 02:50pm
Ralf

Hi,

yesterday i drove on the motorway. After 60 km at a speed about 160 km/h the problem began. It was not easy to make fine corrections. When i left the motorway and drow slow it was gone after some minutes. The car has about 800 km now.

Ralf

Evoque Si4 Prestige, Order August 2011, Delivery February 2012
(This post was last modified: 18-02-2012 11:42am by Ralf.)
18-02-2012 11:40am
edgedata

Looking at my car on TOPIX I see the following listed under my build sheet:-

STEERING RACKS - UPRATED

I'm guessing that this might be an updated rack that addresses the problems mentioned in this thread?

Previous: 12MY Pure 5dr SD4 Tech Auto Orkney Grey : 20" Style 6 : Pano+black roof : Ebony Int : Rear cam : Folding mirrors : Power tailgate : 825W Meridian : Fogs : Privacy glass
Now : 14MY Dynamic SD4 5dr 9speed Firenze Red : 20" Style 6 : Pano+black roof : Power tailgate : 825W Meridian : Privacy glass + more...
19-02-2012 03:15am
cjfp

Not sure as I queried what this 'uprated' rack could be some time ago before cars were released to Joe Public, and hence before this issue came to light but don't think we ever got to the bottom of it.

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Headphone...ht=Uprated

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
19-02-2012 08:30am
pbomb

Looks like I'm having the same problem as this. Picked up the car on Thursday and went for my first motorway run this morning. Round town it's fine, however at 70mph on the motorway, the steering becomes very tight, twitchy and quite notchy upon any input. Got it booked in to go back to the dealer on Monday morning to go for a test drive with one of the technicians.
03-03-2012 02:39pm
jrinns

what was the build date on any of the cars that had racks replaced.
03-03-2012 06:17pm