Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Steamy windows!!
Spiderman

RE: Steamy windows!!

Yes I am PJ, it went into Stratstone Perth last week as the factory managed to build a small crease into it's bonnet during the pressing stages of the aluminium we think, it's all fixed now and they also fixed an intermittent lag issue by replacing a brake/accelerator switch, so it'll be great to have it back tomorrow if I can get through there as it's a hugely enjoyable car to drive!

Thanks for asking!

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
18-10-2011 11:27pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

(18-10-2011 11:27pm)Spiderman Wrote:  Yes I am PJ, it went into Stratstone Perth last week as the factory managed to build a small crease into it's bonnet during the pressing stages of the aluminium we think, it's all fixed now and they also fixed an intermittent lag issue by replacing a brake/accelerator switch, so it'll be great to have it back tomorrow if I can get through there as it's a hugely enjoyable car to drive!

Thanks for asking!

Did you get a photo of the bonnet crease by any chance? Be good to see so we can check our cars don't have the same issue.

Thanks
19-10-2011 11:35am
Spiderman

Never took any photos, if you have a crease you'll notice it!

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
24-10-2011 10:58am
WB
WB

(24-10-2011 10:58am)Spiderman Wrote:  Never took any photos, if you have a crease you'll notice it!

Thanks mate, out of interest where on the bonnet was it and what was the reaction from the dealer? Was it obvious enough that it ahod have been noticed going through quality control?

Thanks
24-10-2011 05:31pm
fisha

Back to the steamy windows, my full fat RR sometimes starts to build up condensation on the windscreen on longer runs ... but its really only a summer/good weather thing I've found.

I personally think that its down to when the air-con is keeping the interior at a very steady temperature, and the outside temps youre driving through are affecting the glass temperature and upsetting the equilibirum

When the inside is a steady temp, the fan speeds slow right down and only really push air in when they need to change the interior temp, as a result the volume of dry hair being forced in is greatly reduced. With your breathing, you're adding moisture to the air inside the cabin - you could be creating more damp air than the dry air the fans are pushing in ... along with the temp of the glass maybe sometimes being a little cooler as its going through different outside air temps, that extra moisture condenses onto the glass ?

The solution could have to be to get the air-con to push more dry air into the cabin to outweight the damp air you're creating ? i.e. do something to make the fans work harder ... either open a window, or turn the fans up manually.

Personally, I like to open the windows occassionally to blast fresh air into the car from time to time ... as nice as air-con is... after a while, it always seems a little stuffy / stale when on auto.
25-10-2011 03:11pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Welcome to the forum Fisha, I think we met when I had a Monte Carlo Blue TD6 L322 many moons ago!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 25-10-2011 04:49pm by XFullFatTim.)
25-10-2011 04:48pm
fisha

Hi Tim,

Yes - many moons ago ... IIRC we went charging round the quarry at blackshaw farm near west kilbride.
25-10-2011 08:01pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Yes, trying not to spill water? And racing R/C Defenders that it turned out all had their r/c handsets on the same frequency, made for some huge fun!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 26-10-2011 07:05am by XFullFatTim.)
26-10-2011 07:03am