Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Steaming Up
Crabacle

Steaming Up

I'm having a problem with the windows steaming up (no sniggering), predominantly the drivers side and the rear drivers window.

Anybody having similar problems and if so managed to sort it out?
03-01-2013 04:04pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
griff

RE: Steaming Up

Can I suggest you make sure you are using the climate control if you are not. It has the effect of preventing such issues and does not take much power. I find that I have absolutely no problem as I have it on permanently - after all that's what it is there for.
Cheers

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
03-01-2013 04:08pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Crabacle

(03-01-2013 04:08pm)griff Wrote:  Can I suggest you make sure you are using the climate control if you are not. It has the effect of preventing such issues and does not take much power. I find that I have absolutely no problem as I have it on permanently - after all that's what it is there for.
Cheers

Thanks

I have that set to 'Auto' all of the time.
03-01-2013 04:13pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

Whilst auto may be on, is the AC still on as this would dry the air (it is possible to switch off the AC whilst Auto is on) ?

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
03-01-2013 04:26pm
goldenboi79

Re: Steaming Up

I have the same problem if more than one person is in the car. Having Auto and A/C on seems to make no difference. Very peculiar as in ever other car I have owned having the AC on prevented this.

2013 Range Rover Evoque Si4 Prestige: 5 Door, Santorini Black, Tan Interior, Cold Weather Package, Park Assist, 20" Style 6 Wheels.

Build date: 21 August 2012
Vancouver, BC, Canada
03-01-2013 06:14pm
RacingSnake

Interesting... mine too has just started steaming up.
Yes, Auto and A/c cures it, but I did wonder why there was so much 'damp' in the car to cause it in the first place.

Plus to answer the q up there ^^ Yes cjfp, you can have it on Auto with the A/C off.

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
03-01-2013 07:01pm
gw76

yip auto and climate on and mine frequently steams up... mmm.
03-01-2013 07:03pm
gc79

Mine too, never had that in a modern car before! I have to hit "Max" every 5 mins or so to demist the car. I haven't spilt or let any water into the car so a bit odd.
03-01-2013 09:21pm
cjfp

Never had a problem after the initial clear

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
03-01-2013 09:44pm
EVO PUNDITT

Nope not had any steam up, air con clears it straight away

Pure: SD4,Manual,pan roof,electric tail gate,reversing cam,tints,xenons (finally), 19" style 4 and in orkney grey 5 door,ebony headliner,f/s/mirrors,Nov build and Dec arrived
03-01-2013 09:48pm