Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Standardisation of vehicle design
Firenze

RE: Standardisation of vehicle design

Here is the link to the strips which will just stick on with the fitted double sided tape - very quick delivery from this company too

http://www.autoinparts.com/Vehicle_Body_..._info.html

and this is the clear film I put on the doors first in strips just a bit wider than the bumper strips

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Foliatec-Self-...760wt_1378

There are cheaper clear films on ebay but I know this one comes off easily with a bit of heat from a hair dryer, I stuck mine on along the crease line of the door which looks a bit low but is actually mid way up a normal car door

Firenze Dynamic Si4, Pano roof, Verve, Ebony headliner, Black Strata, Privacy glass, Lux Pack - Enjoying since 7/3/12
30-08-2012 06:35pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Griff449

Is it the one for the mini we need then?

Had a Pure TD4, Fuji White - now have Dynamic SD4, Fuji White 9 Speed auto with Verve Interior - let the new project begin!
30-08-2012 06:45pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Firenze

Yeah the mini one fits perfectly on my 3 door, one of the pictures on the website has the sizes of the strips. Not sure if they would be too long for a 5 door so best to check.

Firenze Dynamic Si4, Pano roof, Verve, Ebony headliner, Black Strata, Privacy glass, Lux Pack - Enjoying since 7/3/12
30-08-2012 09:26pm
Griff449

thanks Smile still if they are too long maybe they could be cut to fit. Seems a good idea though and they dont look out of place on yours for sure. Nice job

Had a Pure TD4, Fuji White - now have Dynamic SD4, Fuji White 9 Speed auto with Verve Interior - let the new project begin!
30-08-2012 09:28pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Firenze

Just noticed Griff you have a 5 door so please check the size before you order them and it may be worth giving them a ring to see if they do any other sizes.

30-08-2012 09:28pm
Griff449

best measure first then

30-08-2012 09:29pm
Firenze

yes as I remember the front could be cut back a bit but they are hollowed out approx the last 2/3rds of the length

30-08-2012 09:33pm
Griff449

Thats handy to know as it would not look right if cut

30-08-2012 09:38pm