Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Speed cameras
Reecey

Speed cameras

Hi. New to this forum. This question has probably been asked before if so please excuse me.
Is anybody aware how to add speed cameras and audible warning to the sat navigation system. I have a 2016 version.
Thanks for listening

2016 SE Tech, Corris Grey, pano roof, side bars, mudflaps, powered tailgate, reversing camera, privacy glass, 19" wheels
01-08-2016 07:48pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Steve D

RE: Speed cameras

The 2016 model is the same as the Evoque I believe. It can be done and I keep meaning to get round to it but I'm a bit of a numpty with that stuff. Pop over to http://www.pocketgpsworld.com I think you download it onto a usb stick and do it that way. You have to initialise the satnav at the start of each journey though even if you are not using the navigation for the camera warnings to work.

Let me know how you get on.

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
02-08-2016 05:19pm
Reecey

(02-08-2016 05:19pm)Steve D Wrote:  The 2016 model is the same as the Evoque I believe. It can be done and I keep meaning to get round to it but I'm a bit of a numpty with that stuff. Pop over to http://www.pocketgpsworld.com I think you download it onto a usb stick and do it that way. You have to initialise the satnav at the start of each journey though even if you are not using the navigation for the camera warnings to work.

Let me know how you get on.

Hi Steve. Lot of a numpty myself. probably break the flippimg thing. Would like to know if anybody else has tried. Hate to be a guinea pig
Cheers

2016 SE Tech, Corris Grey, pano roof, side bars, mudflaps, powered tailgate, reversing camera, privacy glass, 19" wheels
04-08-2016 04:25pm
Steve D

Going to seriously consider it. Wish I'd had done it a few months ago - my wife got caught speeding and it cost us £100 and a day on a speed awareness course for her!

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
04-08-2016 08:32pm
Barton Evoque

Pretty easy as said just download onto a memory stick and install as per instructions on pocketgpsworld site.it will cost you 19.99 i believe for 1 year.speed camema's and warnings are then on all the time regardless of choosing a destination.

Evoque My13 TD4 Pure.Orkney Grey with Tech Pack~Spare Wheel~Front Fogs~Privacy Glass~Ebony Interior~Mudflaps~Evoque Footrest~DVD Headrests~Towtrust Towbar.Collected 17th Sept. Very Happy
Also nicely modded Audi TT Roadster.
04-08-2016 08:33pm
gege34

I did it, its easy to do. But the main problem is the gps make sound too close to the speed cam (100meters or less )
But i use it to see the exact place on the map.
I use also a phone app, but it dont give the exact place (just a 3 miles area according french law)
With both, its ok
17-09-2016 01:03pm