Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Speccing-up a Pure Tech
Offroadstu

RE: Speccing-up a Pure Tech

You need the 20s, car looks so much better and handles better too. Fogs a must too. Rear view camara very good and spare wheel a must.
07-07-2013 06:21pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
timhum

We have a Pure tech auto with panoramic roof, just a nice to have, spare wheel, dipping interior mirror, dipping and folding wing mirrors and metallic paint. This spec works just fine for us, big wheels a no no for me as they are extra cost and also cost more for tyres apart from spoiling the ride. The electronic tailgate might well be good with loading the car and holding a baby. Standard headlights are perfectly good at legal speeds and I can't see the point of fog lamps. A great benefit of a fairly basic spec is that it keeps depreciation to a minimum, fancy extras don't seem to add any value at trade in time.
Tim
07-07-2013 08:37pm
j7david

Adaptive Xenons (not the standard ones) make the world of difference driving down any sort of bendy roads in the dark.

Heated steering wheel I'd totally recommend.

Privacy glass is good for feeding babies and keeping bright sun out of their eyes.

I didn't go for the spare tyre but wish I had.

I'd stick with the 18" wheels (but then I think I'm a bit unusual and I'm considering "downgrading" my Dynamic to have 18" wheels with AT tyres).

Fog lights look better than the grey plastic bits, but I'm not convinced I'll ever really use them much.

I wish I had the electric tailgate - the standard one's button to open it gets covered in mud and grime.

Jan '12 Dynamic SD4 Auto, 19" General Grabber AT, a few options, off to Kenya soon.
07-07-2013 09:18pm
The Valeter

On my Pure Tech I didn't order 20" wheels at £800 I bought 20" Style 7 on ebay for £925 so an upgrade cheaper than LR on the Dynamic then sold my 18"s for £775 I believe it was.
I ordered Xenons signature lights, fogs, rear camera, pano roof, 825 W hi-fi, powerfold mirrors etc then the other bespoke bits as per the thread I posted.

Leather is standard on all UK models.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
08-07-2013 12:17am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Teetree

Speccing-up a Pure Tech

Tailgate very useful and for the price heated steering wheel, invaluable!
The drl of the xenons look great so not essential but worth it.
Speaking of babies, we found the boot to be a little on the small side (obviously) so be careful when choosing the size of your pushchair/pram. We went for a more compact model in the end. Bigger ones like Stokke and iCandy etc will be a struggle.
I'm also looking for somewhere to tint the rear glass windows myself so think privacy glass is very useful for feeding as you mentioned and also cuts out a lot of the harmful sun for the lil 'un too.

Fuji Pure SD4 Auto 5door, powered tailgate, front sensors, rear camera , pano roof, heated steering wheel, front fogs, xenons, spare wheel, 19" diamond turned alloys
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2013 01:49pm by Teetree.)
10-07-2013 01:44pm
JonnyA

Cheers for the advice guys. As it happens, there's a possibility I might be able to do a deal on a standard Dynamic for a similar price to the Pure Tech with the extra spec (rhyme unintended!) I was looking at.

The only minor issue is that the car available doesn't have the privacy glass I wanted. I need to speak to the dealer about this, but is this something that LR can fit / tint retrospectively or will I need to have this done elsewhere?

Thanks!
10-07-2013 10:26pm
BA74

Good deal...
Just get the windows tinted by a third party. Cheaper and you can go as dark as you want and do the front windows as well.

Gone - Range Rover Evoque - Si4 Pure - 5 Door Fuji White
10-07-2013 10:36pm
JonnyA

(10-07-2013 10:36pm)BA74 Wrote:  Good deal...

Appears to be based on the research I've done. As much as I like cars, I hate actually 'buying' them - too much bullshit and subterfuge for my liking, but you can't fight the system.
10-07-2013 10:38pm
The Valeter

(10-07-2013 10:36pm)BA74 Wrote:  Good deal...
Cheaper and you can go as dark as you want and do the front windows as well.

Not in the UK as it is illegal & can result in a prohibition notice!

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
10-07-2013 10:53pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

So long as you have 75% light transmission through the glass then you can tint the front side glasses, if you check on the Pentagon Window Tinting website it explains. I have Pentagon security film for anti- shattering protection on the ship's windows as RPG blast and bullet protection but it isnt tinted.........
The problem with film tinting is that if the fitters put it on the wrong side of the glass then all the wires for the various antennae show up worse. It has to be applied very carefully. The factory tint is limo tinted glass it isn't film and the antennae wires are stuck on top of the surface

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2013 10:27am by XFullFatTim.)
12-07-2013 10:23am