Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Speccing suggestions please
THEMACS

RE: Speccing suggestions please

(07-02-2013 08:01pm)cjfp Wrote:  (I don't have the electric tailgate and wouldn't spec it)

+1

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
08-02-2013 09:34am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Craig_d1

1) Xenon lights-having come from a car with xenons I was shocked how weak the light was from the standard lights. The xenons are much brighter. The signiture DLR's is a bonus of course, but if your previous car had xenons, you may regret going back to the standard bulb. and the fogs for looks
2) Tech pack. IMHO this is a luxury car, so should have satnav etc. The tech pach adds to the heated front screen etc which is also brilliant in the icy mornings.
3) For comfort, heated steering wheel. Once you get it, you'll always want to spec it on a car afterwards.
4) Pano roof. If you plan on taking other people it's a nice option as lets a lot of light in. The rear windows are very high up so the back can feel a little closed in. If of course it's just you, you wont really see the difference.
5) Electric tailgate. Amazing how much crud is thrown up on the back of the car, so it's a nice feature, though not essential.
6) For me, I'm 6ft3 and my wife 5ft2, so I can't physically get behind the wheel after she's been driving. So i would always get memory seats now if i could. Didn't on the pure i had but regretted it every time I tried to get in after she was driving it. So for me I'd get the style pack, as it add the fogs, memory seats and 19" alloys...
7) Reversing camera. Rear view isn't great so helps with parking. Didn't have it on mine and regretted it
08-02-2013 09:53am
Kojak

(08-02-2013 12:15am)jitenc Wrote:  Optional spare wheel ....

Plus one!!!!

Do not neglect this.
Even if you decide its a mistake you'd sell it at a profit right now.

But picture this...
You are sat at home, nice warm day and you check out your evoque on the drive and see a flat tyre.
You're not in any hurry to go anywhere so at your leisure you decide to sort it out.
You only have the compressor and tin of gloopy stuff.
You need to find out how to carry out the steps that will get you driving on an inflated tyre..then live in hope it worked while you contemplate driving on it.
Serious and uninformed question what happens if you never spotted that you have an object stuck in the tyre that then comes out 2 miles down the road after the gloop has already set??? or it just didn't cope, aren't you back to square one.
I know you could potentially pick up a separate puncture at anytime with your spare already in place but now we are all knackererd.
OK so lets imagine it worked.............. now you wonder if the gloop prevents a repair to your tyre that may have otherwise been repairable.
Thats the best case scenario right?

So what if its dark, cold and raining when you are miles from home?
The other option is a spare wheel that you just swap over.
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2013 08:41am by Kojak.)
08-02-2013 09:49pm
Chunk

Electric tailgate - part of the lux pack for me but now it's there I would order on it's own, saves hassle and dirty hands opening the boot.

Heated steering wheel - first time for me but for the sake of £180 on a £47k car? Makes perfect sense on a cold morning.

Pano roof - a lot of people say it's the passengers that benefit. I have tried driving with the blind closed and the whole cabin closes in on you even when driving. A must have IMO!

825w stereo - love my music and wouldn't be without this!

Happy choosing!

Ordered Feb 2012 - Orkney grey 5dr Dynamic SD4 Automatic. Lux pack, Dynamic plus Pack (velocity ebony leather) ebony headliner and gloss black finishers. Shadow chrome style 7s, heated steering wheel and a spare wheel just in case! Build date 6/7/12 delivery date 23/7/12. Built 3/7 pick up 14/7!!!!!
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2013 11:48pm by Chunk.)
08-02-2013 11:47pm
IKM

I sometimes regret not having the heated steering wheel. Not critical, but nice to have. Living in the country, and driving on unlit roads, I would now never buy a car without xenons. Powered tailgate great, but NOT a must have.

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2013 12:04am by IKM.)
09-02-2013 12:03am