Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Speccing suggestions please
heronb

Speccing suggestions please

Hi,

Been planning an Evoque purchase for a while and I thought this was the place to come, so here goes.

I was thinking of changing next year until the good lady suggested 'popping down and test driving the Evoque', must've looked a complete numpty with my gob agape. But anyway back to the title.

Here comes the good and always tricky bit, speccing it up. I'll probably go for a Pure with a few extras and am tempted by a few things even though it has most of the kit I need anyway.

New wheels, not sure yet - Style 4 or 5.
Pano Roof
front fogs seems a given

and Colour -
Fuji with Black roof
Barolo maybe with Pano and Indus
Firenze and Black roof.

I know this is all personal taste but any things I MUST get.

and any recommendations for delearships would be welcome if thats allowed.

Cheers
07-02-2013 02:26pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
scrannel

RE: Speccing suggestions please

Well, I had only one "must-have" on my shopping list: MagneRide suspension. Currently in the States it's only avail on the Dynamic, but I understand you get get it in the UK on several models. IMHO it transforms the car. Good luck!

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2013 04:01pm by scrannel.)
07-02-2013 04:00pm
griff

I would really recommend the electric tailgate. trust me you won't regret it!

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
07-02-2013 04:56pm
RacingSnake

Yep, Electric tailgate....
And if you're sticking to the pure, get the xenon lights Smile

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
07-02-2013 05:02pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
heronb

Thanks for the suggestions, all would be nice to have and I am partial to a firmer ride. Elec tailgate hmmm is it not just a gimmick?
07-02-2013 05:16pm
MarkLondon

I have the electric tailgate and use it all of the time. I was also unsure at the point of order, but now I've actually used it, I'm pleased I got it.

Must have the pano roof, as it lets more light into the cabin.

I love A/D and switch between Dynamic and 'Normal' quite a bit. The snow mode proved reliable over the last few weeks. (Hopefully, you will find this out on a LR Experience Day).

The Xenons really do look good on the car and I think they are better lights too.

Like you say, colour is your choice, just have a look around the net and also the showroom to see what takes your eye.

Spare wheel is an option lots of people suggest (although I forgot to order it).

Good luck.

Arrived Jan 2013 from Hadley Green Arrow Prestige SD4 Manual, Fuji White, Pan Roof, Cirrus/Lunar, Aluminium, Ivory Headliner, A/D, Privacy, Lux Pack, Xenons etc
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2013 05:26pm by MarkLondon.)
07-02-2013 05:20pm
heronb

Ok will check it out, can't see MagneRide as an option on a Pure
(07-02-2013 05:20pm)MarkLondon Wrote:  I have the electric tailgate and use it all of the time. I was also unsure at the point of order, but now I've actually used it, I'm pleased I got it.

Must have the pano roof, as it lets more light into the cabin.

I love A/D and switch between Dynamic and 'Normal' quite a bit. The snow mode proved reliable over the last few weeks. (Hopefully, you will find this out on a LR Experience Day).

The Xenons really do look good on the car and I think they are better

So LED's aren't standard on a Pure? Thought all cars needed DRL's.
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2013 05:41pm by heronb.)
07-02-2013 05:24pm
paisan

DRLs are standard but... the DRL on non Xenon Evoques are a single round - but bright - light , the Xenon option gives you the DRL LED's curved line ( signature lights in all the photographs) .
07-02-2013 05:50pm
Michelle

I really don't regret my blind spot monitoring. I even upgraded form pure to prestige just to be able to have it (not available on the pure, not sure for the dynamic). I use my heated seats quite a bit as the heating is so slow, and yes the electric tailgate is very useful ( I wouldn't have paid for it but it was with the prestige or one of the packs I can't remember).

Ordered 8th march: SD4 Prestige auto, Fuji, panoramic roof, Cirrus/lunar interior, rear view camera, blind spot monitoring, Nav,heated front seats
Delivery: 6th December!
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2013 06:07pm by Michelle.)
07-02-2013 06:03pm
cjfp

(07-02-2013 06:03pm)Michelle Wrote:  I really don't regret my blind spot monitoring. I even upgraded form pure to prestige just to be able to have it (not available on the pure, not sure for the dynamic). I use my heated seats quite a bit as the heating is so slow, and yes the electric tailgate is very useful ( I wouldn't have paid for it but it was with the prestige or one of the packs I can't remember).

I know you're in Switzerland, but to clarify that BSM is available as an option on Pure in UK

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2013 06:13pm by cjfp.)
07-02-2013 06:13pm