Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Speaker Quality
speary

Speaker Quality

I have my Evoque booked in with the dealers for a few issues, one of which is a vibration from the front left door speaker. To help the dealer identify the problem I downloaded a set of sounds of varying frequencies and played them through each speaker. OMG, at lower frequencies with the volume up a bit the door cards create a terrible vibration/buzzing sound (front left and front right. rears are not too bad). If I press on the bottom part of the door card it tends to damp out the vibrations.
Therefore I suspect that there is nothing wrong with the speakers but it is the really cheap crappy lower part of the door cards and whatever is hanging loose behind them that is causing the vibration
Dissapointed to say the least. Great car, poor attention to detail

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
23-07-2013 08:42am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mklam90

RE: Speaker Quality

(23-07-2013 08:42am)speary Wrote:  I have my Evoque booked in with the dealers for a few issues, one of which is a vibration from the front left door speaker. To help the dealer identify the problem I downloaded a set of sounds of varying frequencies and played them through each speaker. OMG, at lower frequencies with the volume up a bit the door cards create a terrible vibration/buzzing sound (front left and front right. rears are not too bad). If I press on the bottom part of the door card it tends to damp out the vibrations.
Therefore I suspect that there is nothing wrong with the speakers but it is the really cheap crappy lower part of the door cards and whatever is hanging loose behind them that is causing the vibration
Dissapointed to say the least. Great car, poor attention to detail

May I ask if you have the standard 8 speakers or the Meridian 11 speakers?

TD4 Fuji Pure, pano, contrast roof, tech, clear view, powered tailgate, style 6.
23-07-2013 12:27pm
speary

(23-07-2013 12:27pm)mklam90 Wrote:  May I ask if you have the standard 8 speakers or the Meridian 11 speakers?

standard Meridian 380w system which I thing has 9 or 10 speakers

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
(This post was last modified: 23-07-2013 12:37pm by speary.)
23-07-2013 12:36pm
Teetree

Speaker Quality

Standard 380w is ten speakers plus subwoofer

Fuji Pure SD4 Auto 5door, powered tailgate, front sensors, rear camera , pano roof, heated steering wheel, front fogs, xenons, spare wheel, 19" diamond turned alloys
23-07-2013 01:24pm
mklam90

I have the same system and the speakers on my driver door can sometimes rattle/vibrate the door as well on some bassy music with loud volume. Also does anyone know if the grille on the centre of the dashboard is the subwoofer or a speaker or nothing at all? I've been wondering. Thanks.

TD4 Fuji Pure, pano, contrast roof, tech, clear view, powered tailgate, style 6.
23-07-2013 06:03pm
brianthedog

(23-07-2013 06:03pm)mklam90 Wrote:  I have the same system and the speakers on my driver door can sometimes rattle/vibrate the door as well on some bassy music with loud volume. Also does anyone know if the grille on the centre of the dashboard is the subwoofer or a speaker or nothing at all? I've been wondering. Thanks.

The subwoofer is under the starboard seat. It looks like the grill in the dash is just a grill unless you have the 15 speaker surround system.

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr in Orkney with Ebony, Black Contrast roof
Pan Roof, Premium interior pack, Park Assist, Shadow Chrome Wheels, Roof Rails
23-07-2013 11:36pm
DynamicDRS

Hi i had the same issue which has been resolved, I think its a fault in the making of the dynamic coupes.

Here's the thread, good luck with it! http://babyrr.com/forum/thread-5920.html
25-07-2013 10:02pm
tetstb

Play Caveman from Tubular Bells 2003 remaster and you will see just how garbage the speaker installation is. In my Audi with Bose and even the Harmon Kardon system in my wife's Merc is much better

http://rd.io/x/QQd5Vjcemxo/

Cheers

Bob

SD4 Auto Dynamic OG , Verve, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Shadow, 825w audio, Park Assist, Privacy Glass.

[Image: 123130.png]
26-07-2013 02:09pm