Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Something Strange Happened Today!
THEMACS

RE: Something Strange Happened Today!

(25-09-2012 01:43pm)speary Wrote:  +1
As for the tyre pressure. You need to set them to the manufacturers recommended pressure. It is illegal (i think) and dangerous to have them incorrectly inflated. Also it causes premature wear

???? Illegal to have too much air in your tyres, are you for real!! I can just see it now, me in the magistrates dock for having 4psi too much in my MichelinsSurprised

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
25-09-2012 08:53pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RacingSnake

lol
yeah, it's not illegal, but I guess the rationale is causing uneven wear to the tyre itself, which if gone unnoticed and is excessive is an offence.

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
25-09-2012 09:00pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
THEMACS

(25-09-2012 09:00pm)RacingSnake Wrote:  lol
yeah, it's not illegal, but I guess the rationale is causing uneven wear to the tyre itself, which if gone unnoticed and is excessive is an offence.

This I understand! What I would say is if they are at the correct pressure the tyres when parked in certain positions they look pretty low.

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
25-09-2012 09:04pm
RacingSnake

(25-09-2012 09:04pm)THEMACS Wrote:  tyres when parked in certain positions they look pretty low.
I thought that about mine... so I checked them, and they were low... one of my fronts was at 26psi... so just under a third down on pressure Sad
I deliberately didn't order TPMS... but with hindsight!!...

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
25-09-2012 09:16pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
speary

(25-09-2012 08:53pm)THEMACS Wrote:  ???? Illegal to have too much air in your tyres, are you for real!! I can just see it now, me in the magistrates dock for having 4psi too much in my MichelinsSurprised

Yes I am for real. I said incorrectly inflated not particulary over inflated Please see 2 quotes below

Running on under inflated tyres is not only illegal, attracting a £2500 fine and 3 Penalty points per tyre, but it also reduces the tyre life by around 50% and reduces your braking performance/fuel economy by 20%. It is therefore vital to check your tyre pressures regularly.

Regulation 27 section b states "the tyre is not so inflated as to make it fit for the use to which the motor vehicle or trailer is put", however this statement is fairly ambiguous. As there is no indication of at what point an under or over inflated tyre becomes unfit for the use it is being put to.

So just to reiterate. Yes I am for real and only a fool would drive on tyres that are dangerously under or OVER inflated
Check your pressure every couple of weeks to be sure

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
26-09-2012 08:25am
THEMACS

(26-09-2012 08:25am)speary Wrote:  Yes I am for real. I said incorrectly inflated not particulary over inflated Please see 2 quotes below

Running on under inflated tyres is not only illegal, attracting a £2500 fine and 3 Penalty points per tyre, but it also reduces the tyre life by around 50% and reduces your braking performance/fuel economy by 20%. It is therefore vital to check your tyre pressures regularly.

Regulation 27 section b states "the tyre is not so inflated as to make it fit for the use to which the motor vehicle or trailer is put", however this statement is fairly ambiguous. As there is no indication of at what point an under or over inflated tyre becomes unfit for the use it is being put to.

So just to reiterate. Yes I am for real and only a fool would drive on tyres that are dangerously under or OVER inflated
Check your pressure every couple of weeks to be sure

Well if you read the thread CORRECTLY you would note that I said I had 36psi in but wanted more as they looked a little low!!!

Jesus Man, where in that whole thread do you get the impression I am driving around on Dangerously Under or Over Inflated Tyres!!!

Point for future for you, Engage Brain before Typing!!!!!!!!!!
(25-09-2012 09:16pm)RacingSnake Wrote:  I thought that about mine... so I checked them, and they were low... one of my fronts was at 26psi... so just under a third down on pressure Sad
I deliberately didn't order TPMS... but with hindsight!!...

Racing Snake, Make sure Speary doesn't find out where you are or you will be risking Serious Legal Consequences!!!!!!

(This post was last modified: 26-09-2012 12:46pm by THEMACS.)
26-09-2012 12:44pm
cutter7

(26-09-2012 12:44pm)THEMACS Wrote:  Well if you read the thread CORRECTLY you would note that I said I had 36psi in but wanted more as they looked a little low!!!

Jesus Man, where in that whole thread do you get the impression I am driving around on Dangerously Under or Over Inflated Tyres!!!

Point for future for you, Engage Brain before Typing!!!!!!!!!!

Racing Snake, Make sure Speary doesn't find out where you are or you will be risking Serious Legal Consequences!!!!!!

You should of typed "Bar' instead of 'psi' he may not of realised...Laughing

26-09-2012 01:48pm
PhilSkill

36bar Shocked it would look like a monster truck! Laughing

Low profiles often look under inflated, especially if the steering has some lock on when parked.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
26-09-2012 01:54pm
cutter7

(26-09-2012 01:54pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  36bar Shocked it would look like a monster truck! Laughing

Low profiles often look under inflated, especially if the steering has some lock on when parked.

36 bar = 522.135856 psi...ShockedLaughing

26-09-2012 02:02pm
THEMACS

(26-09-2012 01:48pm)cutter7 Wrote:  You should of typed "Bar' instead of 'psi' he may not of realised...Laughing

LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

Christ, he would have me Banged Up For Life!!!!!!LaughingLaughingLaughing

26-09-2012 02:07pm