Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evoque Sat Nav issue
DVE1958

Evoque Sat Nav issue

i picked up my evoque pure 1 week ago. the car is brilliant except for the sat nav.
i read the manual checked the forum, but i still couldn't get the POI's to display.
so in desperation to learn what i was doing wrong i went back to the dealer. he had the same issue, couldn't get the POI's to display.

so he compared my satnav to another brand new pure not yet collected. The sat nav was totally different. different icon's extra icon's. it was like comparing window's xp to windows 7.

so my car is booked to go in next week and get it sorted ourt, hopefully with the up to date version of the sat nav. i'll let you know.

anyone hads the same issue?

cheers dve
15-09-2012 09:30pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DaveR

RE: Evoque Sat Nav issue

My first Prestige (delivered Dec 2011) would not display the off-road navigation (by hitting the navigation button twice) my new one does this no problem(Sep 2012) not sure how old your car is but it looks like there may be a few updates.
16-09-2012 04:05am
DVE1958

i took the car into the garage. i only picked it up new on 7th sept 2012. and they checked out the sat nav. they tell me that they have had several repoprts of the same issue with the sat nav and LR are working on a patch to fix it. it may be a few months thought.

i'll let you know.
28-09-2012 07:13am
CSJ

Same here, my dealer has tried to fix mine 3 times ad now tell me they are waiting to hear from LR with a fix. Mine is a February car and so it's not just an issue with newer deliveries.

On order: Volvo XC60 T5 Inscription Pro

Current: Porsche Macan, Pebble Interior, Volcano Grey, Bose, other extras which cost lots and should be standard

Gone:
BMW X6 m diesel with BMW exclusive interior
Evoque Dynamic Orkney, Accolade Dynamic Plus Sports Interior (Ivory)
Evoque. Coupe, Dynamic, Fuji, Pursuit (x2)
Scirocco 2.0 GT DSG, Black, Black Lthr, 19" Luganos
TT Mk 2, Grey, Audi Exclusive Int
SLK Mk 2, Blk, Beige Lthr
TT Mk 1, Blue, Silver Lthr
TT Mk 1, Silver, Grey Lthr
28-09-2012 09:47am
Urban Splash

On a side note: this months (very poor) whatcar magazine has an article on the facelift freelander. They state that is has the same sat Nav as the Evoque, but its an 'improved' version. Not sure what this means......

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
28-09-2012 10:49am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Jaguars and the new L405 FFRR also have the same system as us

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
28-09-2012 04:10pm
Barton Evoque

I must have the new version on mine I don't have any issues with POI I just touch screen and they displays the ones I want.

Evoque My13 TD4 Pure.Orkney Grey with Tech Pack~Spare Wheel~Front Fogs~Privacy Glass~Ebony Interior~Mudflaps~Evoque Footrest~DVD Headrests~Towtrust Towbar.Collected 17th Sept. Very Happy
Also nicely modded Audi TT Roadster.
28-09-2012 04:39pm