Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Solar Attenuating Glass
Token

Solar Attenuating Glass

Has anyone ordered the Solar Attenuating Glass? It is one of only 5 options I didn't go for (RSE, Auto High Beam, HomeLink, and Dynamic Plus Pack) but is the one I considered for the longest and have some regret.

Wondering if anyone has any experience of it?

Should I be regretting it or should I congratulate myself on a good decision??

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
30-10-2011 07:53pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DynamicRRV

RE: Solar Attenuating Glass

Pat yourself on the back & count your folding as you smile smugly in the knowledge you wasted no dough!...Smile

I too left all those off my list aside from Auto High Beam Assist.I also grabbed Premium mats,privacy glass,mudflaps,blind spot monitoring and the full Lux pack.

Tbh I reckon apart from the quality Meridian upgraded sound system and the Pan roof most of the Lux extras are just for a once in a while show.....surround cameras,park assist,keyless entry etc.

I do think the lazy entry/exit is a great addition aswell as the Pan roof and privacy.Blind spot is brilliant as is high beam assist.Also adaptive xenons are fantastic.

I do love the auto open/close boot though and the ambient lighting pack is nice.Magnaride is superb but again a novelty if Im honest.
(This post was last modified: 30-10-2011 08:03pm by DynamicRRV.)
30-10-2011 07:57pm
berlin2011

Part of standard spec in SA, so yes I will have it when mine arrives - honestly have no idea if I would've specced it if I had the choice.

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
30-10-2011 08:44pm
Gorjan

I would get it, but still wondering if it is on all windows or just windshield. I also wonder would it disrupt the signal for the GPS, as I will use my iPad for navigation instead of ordering the LR nav.

So Berlin, when you get your car, I would ask you, if you would like please test the navigation on an iPhone or iPad if you have one (or any device with GPS), inside the car.

Colima Lime TD4 Pure.
Tech Pack, Pano roof, Auto....
(This post was last modified: 30-10-2011 10:22pm by Gorjan.)
30-10-2011 10:17pm
Rootsboy

i ordered it! and was told by my dealer after checking with head office, that it was just in the windshield and im sure she said panoramic roof if it was ordered.
with the sun we get, i considered it to be essential.

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
31-10-2011 10:56am
benzina

Well, says the opposite here....that Solar Attenuating glass is on ALL glass except the front screen.
I found you asked the question in the thread ''Glass privacy v Solar Attenuating'',see post #25 here ...
http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Glass-Pri...ting+glass

And below is a copy and quote from that particular post...

Rootsboy Wrote:
''i would be most grateful if anyone going to Evoque Live this weekend could try and find out more about the Solar Attenuating Glass as im still unsure if it would be a worth while order over privacy and what panels it will be included in''

Griiff's reply:
''Hi Rootsboy.
Asked about the solar glass at Evoque Live and they confirmed, as has my dealer since, that the solar glass is on ALL glass except the front screen as that has its own properties (heated screen etc).

That should help cool the car - article in here - thanks.
Hope that helpss''

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2011 02:19am by benzina.)
31-10-2011 12:12pm
GibEvoque

(31-10-2011 10:56am)Rootsboy Wrote:  i ordered it! and was told by my dealer after checking with head office, that it was just in the windshield and im sure she said panoramic roof if it was ordered.
with the sun we get, i considered it to be essential.

Personally decided it against, the dealer told me that the privacy is jusrt as effective keeping car cool, and as windscreen not included niot much point, and apprently panoramic roof has it as standard anyway.

2012 RRE TD4 Auto Dynamic, Fuji white, Shadow Chrome alloys, Panoramic contrast roof
1983 Mk1 Golf Cabriolet 1.8 Gli - Plaything
2009 Fiat Bravo 1.4 T-jet Dyamic - Gone
1994 306 XSi - Long Gone
1985 Mk2 1.3 Golf CL - First LoveWink
31-10-2011 02:40pm
Gorjan

Why would the windscreen not be included? Usually this where the most sun comes in. Maybe this is for the option if you have heated windscreen...

Other cars like BMW has it standard on the windscreen as I know.

Colima Lime TD4 Pure.
Tech Pack, Pano roof, Auto....
31-10-2011 02:44pm
Kimv

(30-10-2011 07:53pm)Token Wrote:  Has anyone ordered the Solar Attenuating Glass? It is one of only 5 options I didn't go for (RSE, Auto High Beam, HomeLink, and Dynamic Plus Pack) but is the one I considered for the longest and have some regret.

Wondering if anyone has any experience of it?

Should I be regretting it or should I congratulate myself on a good decision??

I'm wondering too if I should add it now I still can... But I have no idea about the effectiveness. I live in France and it can get pretty hot here. Does anyone know more about it?

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
27-03-2012 08:51pm
Rootsboy

ok i just had a look at a Evoque parts catalog from some Russian website. for the front windscreen there is a part number for normal, heated and normal, anti uv and anti uv with heated.
the front side windows are just one type, and the rears are normal or privacy, as for the sun roof , there is only one type and it make no comment about anti uv or not.

so it looks like solar attenuating is defiantly just for the front windscreen and possibly the sunroof.

oh its starting to get quite hot here and still have not had a problem getting into the car and sitting on black leather yet.

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
(This post was last modified: 27-03-2012 09:54pm by Rootsboy.)
27-03-2012 09:52pm