Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Just put my order in - thanks for the help
Isotonic

RE: Just put my order in - thanks for the help

Thanks. Sorry to hear of the wait for you guys. I don't think I could wait until October.

Ordered Feb, 2012. Arrived March 2013: Si4 Dynamic 5dr. Firenze red, Vortex interior, black panoramic roof, style 7 wheels & adaptive dynamics (unfortunately both are options on the Australian Dynamic), tech pack, sat nav, convenience pack, surround cameras, keyless entry.
25-02-2012 10:46am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Straydox

(25-02-2012 09:53am)Asty Wrote:  My uk order placed in February is expected in October.

Its really important to check how many orders your dealer already has for the Evoque - the dealer works on an allocation basis, with so many called off each month.

So if you place an order with a dealer who has 100 orders unallocated (i.e. not submitted to the factory) and you are the 101st then you could be in for a long wait.

This isn't well understood - people think that when they place their order it goes straight on a queue at the factory but it doesn't. As an example my order was placed with the dealer on 8th December - the allocation (and therefore factory order) was only called off this week - a full 10 weeks later.

It pays to shop around the dealers if you want an earlier delivery.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
25-02-2012 11:28am
mickydd

I know delivery seems a long way off.
But trust me, it's worth the wait.
Mine arrived yesterday and am so happy. Parked up in centre of Manchester yesterday and returned to car with people stopping and looking, one guy even took a pic on his phone. Amazing.

Arrived 24th February. Dynamic 5 dr SD4, manual ,Firenze with Verve interior, 20" Sparkle
25-02-2012 11:56am
BTS18

I agree with Straydox, it is worth phoning around dealerships. I have done exactly that. I was being quoted October as the earliest date from local dealerships in Surrey.

On 7th February I placed my order 90 miles away in Dorset. I am apparently 6th on the unallocated list, with an estimated May delivery. But already they are quoting October for new orders. Guess I will just have to wait to find out when I get a factory allocation for build and delivery dates.

5dr Prestige SD4 Auto, Style 5 Wheels, Orkney Grey, Element Interior, Cirrus Headliner, Lux pk, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Spare Wheel.

Ordered: 07/02/12. Build Date: 21/04/12. Delivered: 27/04/12
25-02-2012 12:20pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Better get used to it Micky, I've had my Evoque since September and I still get rubberneckers staring at it as they pass me on the motorway and find people looking into it in car parks when I get back to it. I've even had folks asking if they can take a photo of their kids sitting in it - it's only an Evqoue FFS, I could understand if I were parking a Lambo or a Maclaren in a carpark, but not an Evoque!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
25-02-2012 12:21pm