Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
So which is the best value for money Evoque?
Michelle

RE: So which is the best value for money Evoque?

(02-05-2012 03:09pm)Kimv Wrote:  From a pure rational point of view, the ED4 would suffice for whatever I plan to do with the car. I don't plan on off roading, the engine is powerful enough for everyday use, it is cheaper, consumes less, requires less taxes to pay etc... So purely rational it would for me be best value.

However... I WANT it to be off road capable because it looks like a offroad capable car, I WANT the SD4 just for the sensation of flooring the pedal from time to time (completely useless but what the hell it's fun), I'm able to and willing to pay extra for this...

So since I'm not rational, the best value for me is not the ED4...

No offense to people who bought the ED4 for budgetary/tax reasons but I just think that deep down everyone would have prefered the SD4 or SI4.

Come resale day, I think many buyers will be thinking the same and many of those are maybe even waiting for the price of a used well equipped SD4/SI4 to drop to ED4 new price or below.

+1. Exactly what I think

Ordered 8th march: SD4 Prestige auto, Fuji, panoramic roof, Cirrus/lunar interior, rear view camera, blind spot monitoring, Nav,heated front seats
Delivery: 6th December!
02-05-2012 04:58pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
speary

With such a big price jump from Pure to Prestige/Dynamic i think the Pure with a few choice options gives the best value and is still a lot cheaper
Not sure this is what I would have thought if I could have afforded a Prestige though Laughing

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
03-05-2012 01:03pm
Kimv

(03-05-2012 01:03pm)speary Wrote:  With such a big price jump from Pure to Prestige/Dynamic i think the Pure with a few choice options gives the best value and is still a lot cheaper
Not sure this is what I would have thought if I could have afforded a Prestige though Laughing

You could have if you would have taken a standard Prestige with ED4 engine iso a beefed up Pure with SD4 engine Wink

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
03-05-2012 03:36pm
IKM

If the Pure could be optioned with Adaptive Dynamics then I'd have probably opted for that. Down I guess to personal choice in the end.

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
03-05-2012 08:24pm
Jonathon555

Best value i would split into 2 catagories :

1: for company car users ED4 Pure ( most would just go up and down motorways ) alternative to the Bmw / Audi choice on the list

2: for others Td 4 / sd 4 pure / dynamic / prestige

They are all capable & will be in demand second hand.

I guess tech pack cars will pull a premium

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
03-05-2012 09:36pm
Evoqess

Speaking of a recent local example -ie: vehicle being traded in at a non LR dealership - the only questions asked by a broker were color (white most desirable) and door number (5 preferred). The only other questions asked were ? Sat Nav and ? Auto tail gate.
So one could speculate that in Western Canada a Fuji Pure is far better value (resale) than a sporty 2 door Firenze Dynamic that cost $oodles more..... so there may well be variations in "value" depending on the market I guess! And whether value = recovering what was spent.

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
03-05-2012 09:45pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

And you only have the Si4 out there, whereas we have Ed4, TD4, Sd4 and Si4 engines as well as auto and manual gearboxes.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
03-05-2012 10:47pm