Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
So long and thanks for all the fish ....
cjfp

Well, it is with a sad face that, as of this Coming Friday, the Evoque will no longer reside outside my house.

A BMW X6 M50d will sit in its place - i just hope that the 381 bhp and 5.3 0-60 don't land me in too much trouble. I know some of you wont like it but thats why we're all different.

I wish to thank (nearly) everyone on here for making this forum an enjoyable place over the past 3 years and i wish you all all the best.

Regards
Chris

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
02-06-2014 07:31pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Stadt Panzer

All the best Chris and I hope you enjoy your BMW.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
02-06-2014 08:11pm
RacingSnake

RE: So long and thanks for all the fish ....

Take it easy Smile

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
02-06-2014 08:23pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

So long cjfp, we'll miss the fun comments! Even if you dont miss my graphs! Wink

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
02-06-2014 11:09pm
J77

All good things must come to an end. Not a fan of BMW but I do like the X6. I'm back playing the waiting game, deposit paid for a Disco Sport should get it on launch day this time around unlike the Evoque.

Running around in a D4 at the moment, love the Discovery but this one is a wreck on the highway, god knows why I bought it. I also looked into coming back to an Evoque, space no longer a problem, I have a van for the dogs to go in.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
02-06-2014 11:32pm
Straydox

Blimey Cjfp you have been here forever, I do note on our estate here in Warwick where once there were lots of Evoques, people are replacing with something else come change time.

Enjoy the X6, similar performance to the SQ5, I'm replacing mine with another, £2,500 to swap at a year old and 18,000 miles, absolute no brainer.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
02-06-2014 11:47pm
mark_n

Enjoy the BMW Chris. 3 door Firenze coupe, same as mine, your SD4/Pure/Manual compared to my Si4/Dynamic/Auto. How many miles have you done and did they take you to the cleaners on resale?

I sadly am not in the market for a new Evoque. For some inexplicable reason, the Si4 is only available on the 5 door now and I don't do diesel. That, and the lack of a higher performance version are a disappointment. Instead, I am going for an RRS when Land Rover can be bothered to build me one.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
03-06-2014 03:32am
THEMACS

Great Stuff, Fab engine in your new Beemer!!

I have just taken delivery of a brand new 640d M Sport Gran Coupe, and it is absolutely Fantastic, brilliant engine, not as powerful as the M50d engine, but similar performance as its a car rather an SUV, the engine is a peach and knocks every other diesel, inc Audis attempts, into a cocked hat, you will love it!!

You wont miss the Evoque!!

Good Luck!!

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
03-06-2014 07:48am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Bye Chris - your assistance will be missed! Pop back and tell us all about the new car

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
03-06-2014 09:36am
cjfp

Cheers all - there will be a few items (diesel box / 20mm wheel spacers) for sale so keep your eyes peeled.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
03-06-2014 11:46am