Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Snatch Strap
Mijeau

Snatch Strap

Hi All,
New owner going to the beach ... just in case, does anyone know if a snatch strap can be attached to an Evoque as the bumper area & below looks fairly 'clean' to me?
Thks in advance.
13-12-2015 06:47am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Snatch Strap

Snatch recovery is not the safest way to recover.............. and I can apprecaite that on a beach it would be tempting for the recovering vehicle. Unfortuantely I doubt that the recovery eye for an Evoque would be strong enough to take the sudden loads imposed using a snatch or kinetic rope as the eye isn't really meant for that kind of use...... it is more of a lashing down / towing eye rather than a recovery eye. Believe it or not my RRS2 no longer has the substantial recovery point permanently attached front and rear that the RRS1 had. Not enough owners actually took their cars into situations where a really strong recovery point was needed and when LR did away with the immensely strong and heavy chassis of RRS1 so the recovery point was done away with.

I'm not sure if it is possible but you may be able to mount a front trailer hook receiver and that would be sufficiently strong, or use the rear one if you have it fitted. The sand mode in the TR system is usually enough for most owners not to get stuck on the beach though!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
13-12-2015 09:20am
Mark^^

If you look in the manual it will show you have two tow points under the front bumper cover, its held on with 2 large plastic screws. There is one rear tow point near the right exhaust, depending on model there is some trim you have to remove.

Fuji White Dynamic SD4 – auto, with Energy interior and pano roof.
13-12-2015 09:26am
Mijeau

Thanks guys!
(and a great comment on the car's ability to not get bogged in the 1st place.....)

I'll be attending a LandRover experience 'jolly' early in Feb, so hopefully I'll get the tech skinny on the full off-road capabilities of the 'eyes' then too.
17-12-2015 09:14pm